3rd February 2012, 12:24 PM
satya sireesha

Can I take optional subjects from my Branch in B.Tech for preparation for Civil services? I'm studying in B.tech(ECE) 3rd year

i am studying b.tech 3year of electronics and communication engg. i want to prepare for civilservices.can i take optional subjects from b.tech of my branch?
what are the subjects that i can take from my branch

Related Questions:
  1. How should I start my preparation for Civil services? I am studying B.Tech 3rd year
  2. How can I prepare for IAS? I am studying B.Tech 3rd year of ECE branch
  3. What should I do after my 12th if I have taken medical in 12th? What course should I take after 12th that can help me for IAS and IPS exam?
  4. Which Optional subjects should I choose for Civil Services Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech? Books and Magazines to prepare for this Exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. What are the steps to be followed to pursue Civil Services Exam? Which two optional subjects should I choose if I am from B.E ECE branch?
  6. Which subject will help me to prepare for IAS? I have passed 12th from commerce maths stream -- [New]
  7. How to start preparation for UPSC exam? I am studying Civil Engineering in 3rd Semester
  8. Which subjects should I choose for MPSC or UPSC? I am studying B.Com 3rd year of YCMOU
  9. Which subjects can AJ dental graduates opt to prepare for civil services exam? What can be the combination of subjects for optional subjects?
  10. Best optional subjects for IAS mains?
  11. How to prepare for IAS? I am studying B.Tech 2nd year
  12. Which subject should be chosen as optional one for IAS by a chemical engineering student?
  13. How to take prelims and mains after doing BBA? I have done 12th in Arts
  14. Is this possible to prepare for IAS while doing B.Tech?
  15. Guidance to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing BA with History?
  16. How should I become an IPS officer after passing 12th?
  17. What are the optional subjects in civil services mains exam
  18. Civil Services Examination Chemistry (Paper II) - Download Previous Years Question Papers
28th March 2012, 01:56 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take optional subjects from my Branch in B.Tech for preparation for Civil services? I'm studying in B.tech(ECE) 3rd year

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya sireesha View Post
i am studying b.tech 3year of electronics and communication engg. i want to prepare for civilservices.can i take optional subjects from b.tech of my branch?
Since you want to prepare for the civil service examination, you should know the format of the examination which is as follows:
Preliminary Exam (Civil Service Aptitude Test)
Main Examination
Interview

In the Preliminary Exam (Civil Service Aptitude Test), there will be two compulsory papers and candidates from any stream has to write these papers.

In the Main Examination, you will have to write compulsory as well as optional papers.

Now as per your question, you can definitely select optional papers as per your expertise and interest but you will not be able to take both the optional subjects from Engineering discipline. As per the guidelines of Union Public Service Commission, candidates can not select the following combination of subjects as optional papers:

Any two branches of engineering
Political Science & International Relations and Public Administration
Commerce and Management
Anthropology and Sociology
Maths and Statistics
Agriculture and Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
Management and Public Administration
Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science and Medical Science

The list of optional papers for the civil service examination includes the following subjects:

Agriculture Mathematics, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Mechanical Engineering Botany, Medical Science, Chemistry, Philosophy, Civil Engineering, Physics, Commerce,Political Science ,Economics ,Psychology, Electrical Engineering, Public Administration, Geography, Sociology, Geology, Statistics, Indian,History, Zoology,Law.
13th October 2012, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I take optional subjects from my Branch in B.Tech for preparation for Civil services? I'm studying in B.tech(ECE) 3rd year

is there any optional paper related to computer science for civil service examination?
13th October 2012, 09:10 PM
bhaskar51

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya sireesha View Post
Since you want to prepare for the civil service examination, you should know the format of the examination which is as follows:
Preliminary Exam (Civil Service Aptitude Test)
Main Examination
Interview

In the Preliminary Exam there will be two compulsory papers and candidates from any stream has to write these papers.

In the Main Examination, you will have to write compulsory as well as optional papers.

Now as per your question, you can definitely select optional papers as per your expertise and interest but you will not be able to take both the optional subjects from Engineering discipline. As per the guidelines of Union Public Service Commission, candidates can not select the following combination of subjects as optional papers:

Any two branches of engineering
Political Science & International Relations and Public Administration
Commerce and Management
Anthropology and Sociology
Maths and Statistics
Agriculture and Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
Management and Public Administration
Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science and Medical Science

The list of optional papers for the civil service examination includes the following subjects:

Agriculture Mathematics, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Mechanical Engineering Botany, Medical Science, Chemistry, Philosophy, Civil Engineering, Physics, Commerce,Political Science ,Economics ,Psychology, Electrical Engineering, Public Administration, Geography, Sociology, Geology, Statistics, Indian,History, Zoology,Law.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?