18th May 2011, 10:14 PM
rajesh gayle

What are the steps to be followed to pursue Civil Services Exam? Which two optional subjects should I choose if I am from B.E ECE branch?

respected sir,
i have just completed my BE (ECE) with an aggregate of 77% now iam eager of pursuing civil services exam,please give me your valuable tips about the steps to be followed also the two optional subjects to be chosen to succeed in my carrier dream.i kindly request you to provide me your detailed reply as soon as possible...

Related Questions:
  1. Can I take optional subjects from my Branch in B.Tech for preparation for Civil services? I'm studying in B.tech(ECE) 3rd year
  2. Which Optional subjects should I choose for Civil Services Exam after completion of BBA course?
  3. Best optional subjects for IAS mains?
  4. Which subject will help me to prepare for IAS? I have passed 12th from commerce maths stream
  5. Is it necessary to choose optional subjects in civil services from my graduation?
  6. Preferable optional subjects in Civil Services Examination for ECE Graduates? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. What should I choose between Civil and ECE?
  8. Which subjects can AJ dental graduates opt to prepare for civil services exam? What can be the combination of subjects for optional subjects?
  9. Which subjects are better for Civil Services exam? Best coaching center for this exam?
  10. Last 10 years question papers for CSE?
  11. Which Exam of Civil Services Includes Telugu (Prelims or Mains)? What are the Optional Subjects I can Choose?
  12. How many optional subjects should I select for IAS prelims exam while doing B.Tech ECE branch?
  13. What are the optional subjects for ECE?
  14. Which subject should be chosen as optional one for IAS by a chemical engineering student?
  15. Which Optional subjects should I choose for Civil Services Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech? Books and Magazines to prepare for this Exam?
  16. Courses to study in Graduation for pursuing Civil Services exam? Job opportunities after failing to achieve in Civil Services? -- [New]
  17. What should I do after completion of 12th Class in PCM from CBSE Board to become an IPS Officer?
  18. How to take prelims and mains after doing BBA? I have done 12th in Arts
19th May 2011, 01:32 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the steps to be followed to pursue Civil Services Exam? Which two optional subjects should I choose if I am from B.E ECE branch?

Hello friend,
The format of civil service exam has been changed from the current year, i.e.2011 and has made the examination more challenging.
The first stage of the examination, i.e.Civil service aptitude test will comprise of two compulsory papers. To crack the CSAT, you got to have a sufficient knowledge of almost every subject you have studied in the 10th and +2 level.
Now moving on to the main exam, the format of the exam will remain the way it was. The main exam comprise of both compulsory and optional papers.
The compulsory paper includes:
English
One Indian Language
Essay
General Studies

English and one Indian language are of qualifying nature and hence, the score in these two subjects are not taken into consideration while making the merit list, but you need to obtain the minimum marks/pass marks.
There will be two papers of general studies and one paper of Essay.
To do well in the exam, you have to work hard equally in all the papers and ignorance of any particular paper may lead to failure in the exam.

As far as optional papers are concerned, being an engineering graduate, you are not allowed to select both the papers from engineering stream. So, the selection of other optional paper should be based on your interest and knowledge in particular subject apart from engineering.

For details regarding the exam, you may refer to the official website of UPSC.
26th June 2011, 01:13 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: What are the steps to be followed to pursue Civil Services Exam? Which two optional subjects should I choose if I am from B.E ECE branch?

i subha i finished BE(ECE).i don know how to join in cbi.i got 80 %
9th February 2012, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

how to opt subjects & how many subjects we have to opt....???
15th February 2012, 05:16 PM
puchu007

Hello friend,
The format of civil service exam has been changed from the current year, i.e.2011 and has made the examination more challenging.
The first stage of the examination, i.e.Civil service aptitude test will comprise of two compulsory papers. To crack the CSAT, you got to have a sufficient knowledge of almost every subject you have studied in the 10th and +2 level.
Now moving on to the main exam, the format of the exam will remain the way it was. The main exam comprise of both compulsory and optional papers.
The compulsory paper includes:
English
One Indian Language
Essay
General Studies

English and one Indian language are of qualifying nature and hence, the score in these two subjects are not taken into consideration while making the merit list, but you need to obtain the minimum marks/pass marks.
There will be two papers of general studies and one paper of Essay.
To do well in the exam, you have to work hard equally in all the papers and ignorance of any particular paper may lead to failure in the exam.

As far as optional papers are concerned, being an engineering graduate, you are not allowed to select both the papers from engineering stream. So, the selection of other optional paper should be based on your interest and knowledge in particular subject apart from engineering.

For details regarding the exam, you may refer to the official website of UPSC.
8th May 2012, 05:26 PM
Unregistered

I'm an engg. (ECE) student(1st yr).how to prepare for civil services during my course?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?