27th March 2012, 10:05 AM
Unregistered

How to study and where to study Law course to become a Lawyer?

dear sir.i am 35 years old,just now i did my 12 standard in coimbatore. my ambition is to become a lawyer.i have heard about few law colleges in bangalore & andhra ,but need a clear guidance. i am doing my own business in coimbatore.pls let me know the details how & where can i study law to be a lawyer in future.

Related Questions:
  1. Qualifications needed to become a lawyer after finishing U.G?
  2. How to study Law and become a Lawyer in future? List of colleges available for the same in Bangalore? I'm 35 year old and completed my 12th in Coimbatore
  3. Qualifications to became a lawyer? minimum percentage required in U.G. to study law? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Can I pursue LLB being a candidate of MA in Political Science?
  5. How to study Law after passing 12th science? Which is the best college?
  6. Eligibility to study Business Law to become Corporate Lawyer? How much would be the pay?
  7. Am I eligible to study law after completing MSc Biotechnology? Whats the duration of the Law course?
  8. Can I do Law course after completion of B.E Civil Engineering? -- [New]
  9. Procedure and percentage required to study law? Shall I study law after completing any degree like B.Com?
  10. Can I study Law after completing B.E. being a 23 years old female candidate?
  11. Job opportunities in other countries after studying law in India?
  12. Can I join LLB course having completed 12th standard and B.Com from Annamalai University in Distance mode?
  13. Career opportunities and future prospect for LL.M students? List of colleges for LL.M degree through correspondence?
  14. Is it possible to do Masters in law after BSc? Should I study BL and then ML?
  15. Is it possible to study law externally while doing IT engineering?
  16. How to study Law after passing 12th with 52.8%?
  17. Can I study Law after B.Tech? What is the course duration? Is it possible to do law in 1 or 2 years?
  18. Can i do criminal lawyer study? What is the eligibility criteria for it?
4th June 2012, 10:13 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to study and where to study Law course to become a Lawyer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
dear sir.i am 35 years old,just now i did my 12 standard in coimbatore. my ambition is to become a lawyer.i have heard about few law colleges in bangalore & andhra ,but need a clear guidance. i am doing my own business in coimbatore.pls let me know the details how & where can i study law to be a lawyer in future.

In order to become a Lawyer and be eligible to practice in a court of Law, candidates has to be a Law Graduate. The LLB programs are offered through various Law Institutes and Universities. Candidates having completed the +2 level of exam are eligible for the 5 years integrated LLB and candidates having completed Graduation are eligible for the 3 years LLB program. Both these programs are regulated by the Bar Council of India and admission to both these programs are on the basis of entrance exams. The maximum age limit for the 5 years LLB program is 20 years and for the 3 years LLB program is 30 years for the general candidates. Relaxation of age is there for the reserved candidates.

Since, your age is 35 years and you have recently completed the +2 level of exam, you are not eligible for the 5 years LLB program and given you are not a graduate and already turned 35 years of age you wont be eligible for the 3 years program either, even if you complete your graduation.

Hence, you may look to pursue other certificate Law courses, but wont be able to become a lawyer since, you are not eligible to pursue LLB.
24th June 2012, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANDEEP891985 View Post
In order to become a Lawyer and be eligible to practice in a court of Law, candidates has to be a Law Graduate. The LLB programs are offered through various Law Institutes and Universities. Candidates having completed the +2 level of exam are eligible for the 5 years integrated LLB and candidates having completed Graduation are eligible for the 3 years LLB program. Both these programs are regulated by the Bar Council of India and admission to both these programs are on the basis of entrance exams. The maximum age limit for the 5 years LLB program is 20 years and for the 3 years LLB program is 30 years for the general candidates. Relaxation of age is there for the reserved candidates.

Since, your age is 35 years and you have recently completed the +2 level of exam, you are not eligible for the 5 years LLB program and given you are not a graduate and already turned 35 years of age you wont be eligible for the 3 years program either, even if you complete your graduation.

Hence, you may look to pursue other certificate Law courses, but wont be able to become a lawyer since, you are not eligible to pursue LLB.

Gud evening
Sir
My name is Siddharth Nawal. Sir pplease tell me fuul detal of the cycle of student to a judge.
My usename is [email protected]
3rd March 2013, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I'm now studying in class x and in the next yr i have to choose a stream.which stream more preferable if i want to study law after class 12?
28th March 2013, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

which subjects i should take in 2 to do law after 2 please tell me in 1 or 2 days
28th March 2013, 04:36 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

To become an Lawyer one has to obtain a practicing license from Bar Council of India after completion of LL.B.

LL.B. - Bachelor of Law can be pursed in two ways:-

5 years Integrated LL.B. after 12th and 3 years LL.B. after Graduation.

The eligible candidate aspiring for 5 years Integrated LL.B., must be an Indian National having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass in any stream from a recognised Board with 50% marks within the age of 20 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The eligible candidate aspiring for 3 years LL.B., must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University with 40 % marks within the age of 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.
7th April 2013, 08:07 AM
Unregistered

hi,
i am 40 years old, graduate in B.Sc. any other courses to study for law, is that possible
14th May 2013, 10:35 PM
Unregistered

hai sir,i completed my 2,bipc, plz tel me the way 2 become lawyer
19th May 2013, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

What durations needed to a lawyer?
14th July 2015, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

With the Rajasthan high court relaxing the upper age limit of clat is it possible for a 40 year ol man like myself to become lawyer . pl guide regards
15th July 2015, 09:36 PM
john215

Re: How to study and where to study Law course to become a Lawyer?

To become a Lawyer and be eligible to practice in a court of Law, candidates has to be a Law Graduate.

The LLB programs are offered through various Law Institutes and Universities.
Candidates having completed the +2 level of exam are eligible for the 5 years

Integrated LLB and candidates having completed Graduation are eligible for the 3 years LLB program.

Both these programs are regulated by the Bar Council of India and admissions to both these programs are on the basis of entrance exams.

The maximum age limit for the 5 years LLB program is 20 years and for the 3 years LLB program is 30 years for the general candidates.

Relaxation of age is there for the reserved candidates only
24th July 2017, 12:38 AM
Unregistered

I have done 12 science and then 3 years diploma in medical electronic can I do law
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?