29th December 2009, 08:46 PM
SASIKALA

Qualifications to became a lawyer? minimum percentage required in U.G. to study law?

hai,iam sasi i desired to study law. but i dont know iam really qualified to study that so tell me the qualificatiions to become a good and best lawyer.I have written last semester exam in november 2009. actually i kept arreaars so my course completed with july 2006-may 2009.as i kept arrears i have not recieved the degree certificate but i have wrote the semester exam pls say me a suggestion

21st January 2010, 10:24 PM
ROHIT KUNDLIYA
Senior Member++

Default Re: Qualifications to became a lawyer? minimum percentage required in U.G. to study law?

you have to passed out 12th class wit good percentage and then you can do law course.
22nd January 2010, 01:07 AM
sumitkumarinmit

Default Re: Qualifications to became a lawyer? minimum percentage required in U.G. to study law?

above 55 % can apply for law studies via goverment institutes .......
22nd January 2010, 08:11 PM
Aishwary

You must have to pass Class 12 at agrigate 60% in any subject.....Then you can give CLAT exam.........
25th January 2010, 10:23 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

For becoming a good LAWYER it is neccessary that you have talent and also have studied form a good institute.

There are only 9 good institute for studing law in India,admission to which is based on an entrance exam naming CLAT.

The minimum eligibility criteria for CLAT is you must have pased you class 12 with atleast 60% aggregate.

However,if you have complted your bachelor degree with atleast 50% aggregate you can enroll for LLM (master of legislative law) directly which is offered by many universities of India.

Best of luck
28th January 2010, 08:15 PM
Senior Member+++

you have to wrute in CLAT exam and minimum eligibility for this exam is that you should be passed in 12th with atleast 60% as aggregate .....
7th February 2010, 05:21 PM
Shafna Ashmi.A

60% is enough in ur UG.. U take up CLAT examination... U can do well and be the best lawyer.. All the best..
8th February 2010, 01:39 AM
rrmohantysmile
Senior Member+

hello dear you have to give the common law admission test and for that you have to score at least 60% to be eligible for it and ihope you have that and for becoming a good lawyer you have to study from a good institute and then only you can be sucessful as a lawyer. all the best to you and good luck...
13th February 2010, 09:10 PM
bond007
Senior Member++

for becoming a lawyer first you have to do LLB and for doing LLB you must have passed 12th from any stream with 60%.after that you have to practice the law under some senior lawyer and then you can become a lawyer.
13th February 2010, 11:51 PM
pradeep.g.u
Senior Member+

just the completion of higher secondary is the qualification required to do law ..
14th February 2010, 07:55 PM
thakurbaba307

as you are about to graduate, u will get time upto october if you have appeared for your examinations......55% marks is the eligibility for general candidates and these are the best Law college and faculty to choose from after graduation
delhi university
ils law college,pune
dept of law, IIT kahragpur
allahabad university
BHU,AMU
madras university
calcutta university
bombay university
MD university baroda
23rd February 2010, 08:26 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

in law the minimum qualification is , you should have 12th pass with atlest 50% marks in any stream. then you are eligible for law.
1st March 2010, 10:49 AM
B N Gawde

I appear Graduation (Distance Education) from Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli - 12 in November 2010. My age is around 38 Yrs. After a passed the graduation can I go for LLB in mumbai university.
12th March 2010, 08:59 PM
Shafna Ashmi.A

U have to get 60% aggregate in ur UG examination......
13th March 2010, 01:32 AM
asish
Senior Member+

dear friend
just visit
http://yedhulaprakash1.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/related_threads.asp?group_id=5274
it is a platform of interaction for lawyers with "want to be lawyers"
i hope you will have all your doubts sorted out
all the best
13th March 2010, 08:28 PM
mike shinoda back
Senior Member++

hi....
you have to good score in 12th.....
but as per my knowledge...minimum 55% required for govt lawyer course...

all the best......
14th March 2010, 02:25 PM
nitishinmit
Senior Member+

hi friend
for becoming a lawyer you must have to give clat exam,and you can give the exam after your class 12th,but you must have to score atleast 60% marks in your class 12th exam,
However,if you have completed your bachelor degree with atleast 50% aggregate you can enroll for LLM (master of legislative law) directly which is offered by many universities of India.

best of luck.
1st May 2010, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

i want to study law is it important to do maths in 12th class?
3rd May 2010, 08:08 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

dear,
maths is important for 12th studies......but for law you need only basics of maths.....
so dont have to worry about maths if you are not good at it......

go for law schools........

best of luck
3rd May 2010, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

dear sir,
i had finished UG for OPEN UNIVERSITY SYSTEM (MADRAS UNIVERSITY) but i not completted my 10th studies. Is I am elligeble
to study LAW (BL & LLB). I am redy to study in any state. Kindly give me the address.
3rd May 2010, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
I had finished B.com in OPEN UNIVERSITY SYSTEM 1998-2001 in (MADRAS UNIVERSITY) . But i had not finished 10th std.
Is I am elligeble to study law (BL & LLB).I am ready to study in any state. Kindly give me the address.
My Email id;[email protected]..
16th May 2010, 01:29 AM
Unregistered

Dear Sir, Now I am 43.But not looking 43.I have desire to study Law.I am not interested for the graduation or for boosing my self through this study.Really the speech of me and my interest is to argument to every topicks.So, that I preprepare to study the topic what i discus or spech.At present I am running Charitable trust,Manpower consultant,2 more bussiness. I have a grasing power to do what I seen or learn.I dont have fear in my feature, because by nature i have confident of my knowedge/what i knowing. i play musical instruments,driving 4 & 2 wheelers,without some one training.By watching and clear my doubts to the perticular topicks.Then I did the thing.So, that i ask you can a chance to study law/practice law to study the law books, and taking practice any one of good lawer? please reply me: My contact: [email protected],thechristianhands @rediffmail.com,[email protected]
18th May 2010, 08:25 PM
prakashbioc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASIKALA View Post
hai,iam sasi i desired to study law. but i dont know iam really qualified to study that so tell me the qualificatiions to become a good and best lawyer.I have written last semester exam in november 2009. actually i kept arreaars so my course completed with july 2006-may 2009.as i kept arrears i have not recieved the degree certificate but i have wrote the semester exam pls say me a suggestion
Hello
Since you are doing your graduation, if you complete the same, you can opt for the B.L (Bachelor of Law) (5 years) course. No matter regarding your arrears but you should complete the same without fail. but still the you should have at least 55% in the degree graduation for the eligibility for the private institutions.
All the Best !!!!!
24th May 2010, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

i would like to know maximum age to register as lawer
25th May 2010, 10:57 AM
Unregistered

Sir,
I had completed my 10th in the year of 2002 ,12th in the year of 2004 & Ug of Ba Eco In the year of 2007.I have a keen interest in becoming a lawyer or advocate.Kindly tell me the qualification for this or whether I would be eligible for this course.Awaiting for ur reply.
1st June 2010, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

hai,iam Ganesh i desired to study law. but i dont know iam really qualified to study that so tell me the qualificatiions to become a good and best lawyer.I had pass class in B COM pls say me a suggestion
17th June 2010, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

Dear My Fellow Friends!,,
Im Karen, Im 17 years old and i have just finish my 10th class in Thailand,, I took IGCSE examination which based on university of cambridge curriculum......usually in Bangkok, u can join university straightaway when you already finish grade 10....i hope you all have heard about it. Now Im really confuse and got no solution whether i need to do 11th and 12th or not if i want to becum a "LAWYER".....like is it necessary to study 11th or 12th? coz i can take SAT and join the coll. in Thailand

Another choice is that,, i join 11th & 12th and go abroad for further education in States or Britain.......but ma parents work here and i hv to cum back to do ma job which is a lawyer...but i need to do the test for Thai language!!!
IM REALLI CONFUSE....and i need to ur help...
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR UR CONCERN!! ;)

Thanks,
Karen
19th October 2010, 05:16 PM
rahul_kumar066

after graduation one can apply for law you could easily became lawyer but one has to think that he want to be quality lawyer unquality thanks
20th October 2010, 12:57 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Hello friend,
For LAWYER,

There are 9 good institute for studing law in India,admission to which is based on an entrance exam naming CLAT.

The minimum eligibility criteria for CLAT is you must have pased you class 12 with atleast 60% aggregate.

However,if you have complted your bachelor degree with atleast 50% aggregate you can enroll for LLM (master of legislative law) directly which is offered by many universities of India.

Best of luck
20th October 2010, 10:53 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Qualifications to became a lawyer? minimum percentage required in U.G. to study law?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASIKALA View Post
dear friend,

I did not clear about your qualification.however,if you wish to persue LLB course you need to pass class 12 first.then appear for law admission test.All india basis good admission test is CLAT(basis on this result 9 institutes are taking admission),this is the best besides this all other state entrance test are there.LLB is 5 years duration.

also you can do LLM after your graduation,if you score minimum 50% marks.and this course need 3 years.

for CLAT information please visit: http://www.clat.ac.in/webpages/

good luck.
21st October 2010, 08:23 AM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

to become a lawyer u will have to obtain at least 60% and then u can take admission in law colleges. GOOD LUCK
24th October 2010, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

how many percentage is required in 12th class to do law from delhi.
12th November 2010, 09:13 AM
chimi selden

is that ....we have to have 60% in any subject...?
6th December 2010, 08:44 AM
Unregistered

i am studying 10 2 ith maths physics chemistry.want to know if i can join law courses
18th December 2010, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

I am studing b.sc,microbiology final year i want to study law after my b.sc degree what quqlificqtion i need?
22nd December 2010, 10:52 PM
Unregistered

someone please make it clear,i have completed my graduation.now i want to do law SO what is the procedure as i m not eligble for CLAT.(min. age req. 20years)i want to do it from national law university
3rd January 2011, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

Hi... I am a graduate from Delhi University (Correspondence). i do not have the percentage to take admission in a good law college. but i want to pursue for LL.B Course (3 years). Can anyone help me to suggest some college who do not demand for percentage as the criteria for the admission.??
8th January 2011, 05:34 PM
Unregistered

i m in 12th std i have to pursue llb.. but with that i also have to comple my b.com. can i ???? please help....
25th January 2011, 06:02 PM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
The minimum requirement is that you should have passed class 12th with 60 % marks and you should have talent .
Thanks.
3rd February 2011, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

I have completed B.com on 2010 with 54% know I want to study law(LLB) how I apply is any direct way to get admission with out any entrance exam in best colleges in mumbai
3rd February 2011, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

I have completed B.com on 2010 with 54% know I want to study law(LLB) how I apply is any direct way to get admission with out any entrance exam in best colleges in mumbai
3rd February 2011, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

22nd March 2011, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am 41years old,grduate from bombay univercity,i am interested for law admission,can i get admission for 2011 years.is cet require for graduate,if yes pls tell me date of cet, i have to see Dr Ambedkar college Wadala Mumbai
26th March 2011, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

what is the qualification of law cources ?
30th March 2011, 02:08 PM
Unregistered

I am doing my final year b.com . i am gonna write my final exams in april. can i do BL?wat is the qualification for law coures?
8th May 2011, 10:51 PM
Unregistered

i have finished 10th std can i apply LLB now ,my age is 22
9th May 2011, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

what is the qualification of law courses?
10th May 2011, 06:12 PM
Unregistered

iam studing 12history group. iam average student. my aim is lawer so how is impossible?
14th May 2011, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

what is the minimum qualification to join b.com
30th May 2011, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

I have completed b.tech in computer science.can i join in law course?what are the oppurtunities?how many years the course duration is?can i do law course in 1 or 2 years?what exam i have to attend to join in law?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?