25th January 2011, 09:27 PM
Arpan dey

Can I answer UPSC exam after completing BSc Physics? Masters degree in criminology a must to enter CBI?

I am a first year student of BSc(physics). After completing my bsc can I participate in UPSC exam?
Is master degree in criminology a must to enter in cbi?
THANK YOU

26th January 2011, 03:12 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I answer UPSC exam after completing BSc Physics? Masters degree in criminology a must to enter CBI?

Hello Arpan,
UPSc conducts various examinations for differnt departments and post and hence, the eligibility criteria differs from post to post.
The exminations, for which you will be eligible with BSc in physics are
CDS exam
Civil Service exam
IFS exam
Central police Force exam

As far as CBI is concerned, the examination is conducted by Staff Selection Commission and candidates with a bachelors degree are eligible for it. The examination is known as Combined Graduate Level exam. Therefore, criminology is not mandatory for joining CBI.
3rd February 2011, 07:04 AM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I answer UPSC exam after completing BSc Physics? Masters degree in criminology a must to enter CBI?

Dear friend,

Yes, after completing your graduation you can apply for the UPSC exam.
Because the minimum eligibility to appear at UPSC exams is to have a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized institute.

To enter CBI, you must have a graduation degree and crack the UPSC conducted exam for it.
After that you will get higher post if you complete Master's degree in criminology.

Best of luck!
12th March 2011, 12:15 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Yes you can give the UPSC exam after completing your gradaution.

UPSC Exam Eligibility:
Age Eligibility:
You need to be between 21 years to 30 years on the 1st August, 2011.
Age relaxations exist as per Govt. rules.
Academic Eligibility:
You must be a graduate from a recognized university.

For detais:www.upsc.gov.in

CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation)

Eligibility Criteria:-To join CBI you need to appear for CGPE exam i.e. Combined Graduate preliminary Exam which is conducted by SSC board every year.

QUALIFICATION:Minimum Qualification is Graduation in any Discipline.

AGE:You should be in between 20 to 27 years of Age. & special Relaxation is given to SC/ST which is 5 years and For OBC 3 years.

For details:www.cbi.gov.in
15th April 2011, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

is it possible to do B.Ed after completing Bsc Physics?....if yes........what are qualifications?
11th August 2011, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

can i appear in cds exams as i am a student of bsc 1st year
30th September 2011, 11:39 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

Hello Arpan,
UPSc conducts various examinations for differnt departments and post and hence, the eligibility criteria differs from post to post.
CDS exam
Civil Service exam
IFS exam

As far as CBI is concerned, the examination is conducted by Staff Selection Commission and candidates with a bachelors degree are eligible for it. The examination is known as Combined Graduate Level exam. Therefore, criminology is not mandatory for joining CBI.
26th November 2011, 10:45 PM
pabitra_nayak
Senior Member+

Hello ,
CDS exam
Civil Service exam
IFS exam

Best of luck
3rd December 2011, 07:30 PM
sahaja mallarapu

Hi,
you can appear UPSC with your graduation and graduation is enough to enter into CBI.
you need not to do masters to enter into CBI.
All The Best
2nd January 2012, 10:33 PM
sunnyl

UPSC Exam Eligibility:
Age Eligibility:
You need to be between 21 years to 30 years on the 1st August, 2011.
Age relaxations exist as per Govt. rules.
Academic Eligibility:
You must be a graduate from a recognized university.

For detais:www.upsc.gov.in

CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation)

Eligibility Criteria:-To join CBI you need to appear for CGPE exam i.e. Combined Graduate preliminary Exam which is conducted by SSC board every year.

QUALIFICATION:Minimum Qualification is Graduation in any Discipline.

AGE:You should be in between 20 to 27 years of Age. & special Relaxation is given to SC/ST which is 5 years and For OBC 3 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?