30th January 2011, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

How to choose optional subjects and how to manage time for studies for civil services exam??

Hi,
m purnasha m in 12th standard. i want to become an ias officer after completing my b-tech .please help me in deciding d branch dat wil help me 4 ias preparation.
sir. if i take ny art subject as my 2 main subject i'l have to broaden my knowledge upto its graduation course???? sir, can u sugest me hw 2 manage time 4 it??? sir, cn i give ias
xam while doing a job too?????
Thnk u,

Related Questions:
  1. Which Optional subjects should I choose for Civil Services Exam after completion of BBA course?
  2. Best optional subjects for IAS mains?
  3. Which subject will help me to prepare for IAS? I have passed 12th from commerce maths stream -- [New]
  4. What are the steps to be followed to pursue Civil Services Exam? Which two optional subjects should I choose if I am from B.E ECE branch?
  5. Is it necessary to choose optional subjects in civil services from my graduation?
  6. Which Optional subjects should I choose for Civil Services Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech? Books and Magazines to prepare for this Exam?
  7. How to become an Air Port custom officer after completing B.Com?
  8. Tips to choose optional subjects for IAS examination? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Which subjects can AJ dental graduates opt to prepare for civil services exam? What can be the combination of subjects for optional subjects?
  10. Civil Services Examination Chemistry (Paper II) - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  11. Which Exam of Civil Services Includes Telugu (Prelims or Mains)? What are the Optional Subjects I can Choose?
  12. Can I change my stream from non medical to Arts if I want to become IAS?
  13. Which subject should be chosen as optional one for IAS by a chemical engineering student?
  14. What should I do after completion of 12th Class in PCM from CBSE Board to become an IPS Officer?
  15. How to take prelims and mains after doing BBA? I have done 12th in Arts
  16. Best subjects which i can choose in Civil Services exam after doing BCA course?
  17. Completed MSc : Which optionals to choose for civil services exam?
  18. How should I become an IPS officer after passing 12th?
31st January 2011, 10:02 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to choose optional subjects and how to manage time for studies for civil services exam??

You need to select the optional subject based on your engineering subjects. You need to visit the official site to select the optional subjects. Thereafter make a list of areas to be covered. Prepare for each of these areas. Also the newspapers will help in general studies areas. Do solve the question paper of the previous year.
12th February 2011, 06:08 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to choose optional subjects and how to manage time for studies for civil services exam??

I become IAS. I choose hindi,political science and social science subject in gradution.Whos subject better than prepation?
21st February 2011, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

how should i manage time 4 studying in 12th boards?
23rd February 2011, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

I have confusion in choosing subjects from sociology,philosophy and public administration forCivil Service mains exam.Please guide me in the same.What are chances in scoring high marks?
3rd March 2011, 08:55 AM
Taurus47
Senior Member+

hii

to choose optional subjects
You need to select the optional subject based on your engineering subjects. You need to visit the official site to select the optional subjects. Thereafter make a list of areas to be covered. Prepare for each of these areas. Also the newspapers will help in general studies areas

good luck
21st March 2011, 05:51 PM
shahul1423

according to your interest in the subject and your capability, you should choose your optionals.managing time is very important, you should give importance to both optional subject and general studies subjects.
23rd March 2011, 06:50 PM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

As you say that you want to score more then you shold choose the public administration and sociology.

Time managment fully depends on you.
Because you also know that this exam is very tough so spend your max. time in getting knowledge of current affairs for completing prelim. exam.

Try to save the time by spending a few time on others works.
29th April 2011, 11:04 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to choose optional subjects and how to manage time for studies for civil services exam??

Its the more important factor that to take care of while preparing for the competitive exams like Civils Services examination

Choosing the optional subjects

this is the job done after getting selected in Preliminary examination So No need to worry right now

when you reach that stage you will automatically get an idea about all the subjects

and also on subjects which can cope up..

The selection of optional subjects should be done with your own interest not based on anything else

because the one who gives suggestion will not come and read for you

you the one who has to read all the stuff so be careful while selecting optionals in the stage 2 of the whole process

Managing Time

This is the factor which decides your position among the competition

the top ranker and the unqualified person has the same time

but all the change is due to how they utilized their preparation time

Every one has the same time

anyways preparation schedule for this examination should be for at least 5 months

2 months for skimming of syllabus and some topics with perfection

2 months vigorous preparation of whole syllabus

1 month mock tests and self assessment tests

so that you will get confidence towards the exam

Manage your time well and become the topper

all the best wishes to you

Regards

~aditya~
16th May 2011, 01:20 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Cool Re: How to choose optional subjects and how to manage time for studies for civil services exam??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
m purnasha m in 12th standard. i want to become an ias officer after completing my b-tech .please help me in deciding d branch dat wil help me 4 ias preparation.
sir. if i take ny art subject as my 2 main subject i'l have to broaden my knowledge upto its graduation course???? sir, can u sugest me hw 2 manage time 4 it??? sir, cn i give ias
Thnk u,

Hey friend,

IAS is a civil service exam conducted by UPSC.

Eligibility:
  1. The candidate must be a citizen of India.
  2. The candidates must have age limit of 21-30 years.
  3. The candidates must have a degree from a recognized university.

The syllabus and pattern of the Preliminary Examination:

(Paper 1) (200 marks) - Duration : Two hrs.

• Current events of national and international importance
• History of India and Indian national movement
• Indian and World Geography- physical, social, economic geography of India and the world
• Indian Polity and governance – constitution, political system, panchayati raj, public policy, Rights issues, etc.
• Economic and social development – sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.
• General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate change-that donot require subject specialization
• General science.

(Paper II) (200 marks) – Duration : Two hrs

• Comprehension
• Interpersonal skills including communication skills
• Logical reasoning and analytical ability
• Decision making and problem solving
• General mental ability
• Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. –Class X level)
• English language comprehension skills (Class X level)
• Questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level (last item in the Syllabus of Paper-II) will be tested through passages from English language.

List of optional subjects for IAS:

• General Studies
• Essay
• English Qualifying
• Indian Languages
• Mathematics
• Agriculture
• Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
• Botany
• Chemistry
• Civil Engineering
• Commerce
• Economics
• Electrical Engineering
• Geography
• Geology
• Indian History
• Law
• Mathematics
• Management
• Mechanical Engineering
• Medical Science
• Philosophy
• Physics
• Political Science
• Psychology
• Public Administration
• Sociology
• Statistics
• Zoology
• Anthropology
Arabic
• Assamese
• Bengali
• Bodo
• Chinese
• Dogri
• English
• French
• German
• Gujarati
• Hindi
• Kannada
• Kashmiri
• Konkani
• Maithili
• Malayalam
• Manipuri
• Marathi
• Nepali
• Oriya
• Pali
• Persian
• Punjabi
• Russian
• Sanskrit
• Santali
• Sindhi
• Tamil
• Telugu
• Urdu

Thank you.
30th May 2011, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

i m B.tech in E.C.E with honours can i opt ARTS subjects for CIVIL ENTRACNE , would it hinder my scope of getting selected...........or PRIORITY is given to subjects
30th May 2011, 11:46 PM
nktrwt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
Thnk u,
you should choose your optional subject according to your intrest and your knowledge . ias exam is one of the tough exam so you have to give atleast 6 hour per day to your study
8th June 2011, 04:50 AM
Unregistered

HI..i have done BA and pursuing LLB. I want to go for U.P PCS .but have no idea about the syallabus and subjects. In short i want to know the syallabus of the same i.e. compulsory subjects and optional subject.also need to know how many optional subjects one needs to choose.

em bit confused about PCS. is the syallabus and patteren differ from state to state?
2nd October 2011, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

I am in 1 medical.Which optional subject should I choose?WE have biotech, dance, music ,physical education . Is keeping biotech helpful.Which one can increase % in 2 board .Biotech is much time consuming so if I take it how to manage time . please help me....
16th May 2012, 12:53 AM
Unregistered

Can i take classical dance as optional subject in medical stream , show me the list of optional subject in medical stream
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?