28th June 2012, 01:43 PM
sachin.hitk

Am i eligible to sit for MCA entrance exam? I am currently doing B.Tech in Biotechnology

I am currently doing my B.TECH in Bio-technology(3rd year).
I dont find the stream as interesting so I dont want to pursue higher studies
with this stream. I am looking forward to go for MBA/MCA.
I had maths and computer in +2.
I just wanted to know that am I eligible to sit for MCA entrance exams? & can I give my MCA entrance exam in 4th year ?

25th August 2012, 03:05 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible to sit for MCA entrance exam? I am currently doing B.Tech in Biotechnology

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin.hitk View Post
I am currently doing my B.TECH in Bio-technology(3rd year).
I dont find the stream as interesting so I dont want to pursue higher studies
with this stream. I am looking forward to go for MBA/MCA.
I had maths and computer in +2.
I just wanted to know that am I eligible to sit for MCA entrance exams? & can I give my MCA entrance exam in 4th year ?

Any one who seeks to pursue Master of Computer Application [MCA] from any of the recognized University or Institute, must have completed the Bachelors Degree program in any stream with Mathematics as a compulsory subject or Mathematics at the +2 level with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks. Admission is through Entrance Examinations, conducted on various levels. The duration of the program is three years.

Since, you have studied Mathematics at the +2 level and if appearing for the final year Examination, you are eligible for the MCA Entrance Examination. Candidates appearing for final Examinations of their Bachelor’s program can also apply, and if selected can join the program provisionally. However, at the time of counselling, one must obtain a certificate in original from the Principal of their Institute stating that one has appeared for Examination in all subjects required for obtaining their Bachelor’s degree.

The admission is only confirmed only when the candidate submit the mark sheet and a certificate of having passed the Bachelor's degree with a minimum percentage of marks required for admission. Non-fulfillment of this condition will automatically result in the cancellation of the provisional admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?