2nd July 2012, 12:48 PM
udayhussain

Required Qualification for the position of Railway Loco Pilot in India?

What are thequalifications required for being a railway loco pilot in india.I want to know which all courses i have to complete.

Related Questions:
2nd July 2012, 05:24 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Required Qualification for the position of Railway Loco Pilot in India?

RRB Loco Pilot Exam Eligibility Criteria:-

To become a loco pilot you need to give the RRB exam.

>To give the exam you need to be a 10 passout and you should have completed your ITI in any trade from a recognized university.

>If you have a diploma degree in mechanical/automobile/eletrical or electronics then also you can apply for this exam.

>Your age should be between 18-30 years.

>However there is age relaxation for the SC/ST and OBC Category

Selection procedure includes written exam and personal interview.

For more information log onto this website:- http://www.rrcb.gov.in
9th July 2012, 02:08 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Required Qualification for the position of Railway Loco Pilot in India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by udayhussain View Post
What are thequalifications required for being a railway loco pilot in india.I want to know which all courses i have to complete.
This post conducted by the railway recruitment board under the ministry of railways and the RRB is to make recruitment for the group C staff posts in the various departments.

If you have ITI and Diploma degree then you are applicable for Assistant Loco Pilot Exam.

Eligible ITI departments are Fitter/Electrician/Instrument Mechanic/Mill Wright or Maintenance Mechanic/Mechanic Radio & TV/Electronics Mechanic/Mechanic Motor Vehicle/Wireman/Tractor Mechanic/Armature & Coil Winder/Mechanic Diesel/Heat Engine/Turner/Machinist/Refrigeration & AC Mechanic

Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics/Automobile Engineering recognized by AICTE are also applicable.

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years old.Age relaxation provide for reserved category.

List of the Best Books for RRB Loco Pilot Exam:-

RRB ALP: Railway Recruitment Board Assistant Loco Pilot Examination
by
Lal & Jain
Publisher: Upkar Prakashan (2008)

Railway Assistant Loco Pilot Solved Papers
by
Kiran Prakashan
Publisher: Kiran Prakashan

In The RRB Assistant loco pilot Examination, Questions will be asked from Technical, Non Technical, General English, General Awareness, Arithmetic's, Reasoning etc.
  1. Total No Of Question is 120.
  2. Total Time given for the test is only 90 minutes.
  3. Medium of examination is Hindi or English or Urdu.
  4. This exam also has the negative marking. For any three wrong answer a full marks of a question will be deduced i.e. 1/3rd Negative marking.
For more details about this exam , Please visit to http://www.railwayrecruitment.co.in/

4th August 2012, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

Sir,My name ia pawan prasad,i am student of ELECTRONICS & TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING (DIPLOMA),sir i want to know can i apply for it???sir i wait your reply.THANK YOU.
9th September 2012, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

Sir i did b.tech(electrical),can i apply for alp
18th September 2012, 06:56 PM
Arpit_30
Senior Member+

To become a loco pilot you need to give the RRB exam.

>To give the exam you need to be a 10 passout and you should have completed your ITI in any trade from a recognized university.

>If you have a diploma degree in mechanical/automobile/eletrical or electronics then also you can apply for this exam.

>Your age should be between 18-30 years.

>However there is age relaxation for the SC/ST and OBC Category

Selection procedure includes written exam and personal interview.

For more information log onto this website:- http://www.rrcb.gov.in
21st September 2012, 08:52 AM
Unregistered

Sir,
kya b.tech mechanical engg ke bad ass.loco pilot bhara ja sakata hai.pls reply .
5th October 2012, 07:02 AM
Unregistered

Sir i am a iti holder with electrician trade. What i am do apply for loko pailate. Please on my email ([email protected])
16th November 2012, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

i am persuing diploma in electrical engg through IASE DEEMED University. Can i apply for locopilot exam 2013.
21st November 2012, 10:24 AM
Unregistered

sir,i have complited in i.t.i fitter and diploma in computer science engineer,can i apply this job
27th November 2012, 12:08 AM
mahhiads

Hello Friend,

Eligible Criteria :

10th Passed And ITI On Specific Trade Or Equivalent Degree Or Dimploma

Age Limit : 18 to 30 Years (Relaxation As Govt. Rules)

All The Best
5th December 2012, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

Sir i had completed the aprentice in fitter trade. May i eglible for the locopilot.
6th December 2012, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

How much qualification is required for loco plot
10th December 2012, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

sir i am completing my b.m.s (bachelor of management studies) so can i apply for the post of loco pilot ?
13th December 2012, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am a student... Studing HS in science. I have a great interest about locomotive. I want to be a loco engineer. So sir, what i have to do to be? What exams after HS & JEE I have to sit? Please reply me sir.
28th December 2012, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

Hi sir, I Maruthi studying intermediate and also interested to write Loco Pilot exam, what is the Qualification for this process? and what i want to do after Intermediate writing the exam of LOCO Pilot...
28th December 2012, 09:35 PM
kiruthika m.m

This post exam is conducted by the railway recruitment board under the ministry of railways and the RRB have the option to make recruitment for the group C staff posts in the various departments. To become a loco pilot you need to give the RRB exam.

Eligibility criteria to become a loco pilot:--

-->You must have to complete your 10th class.

-->You have to complete ITI course in any specific trade to apply for this post. You must have a diploma degree in mechanical /automobile/eletrical or electronics then also you can apply for this exam.

-->Minimum age limit required for this post is 18 years.

-->Maximum age limit for this position is 30 years.

-->Age relaxation is given for special categories like SC/ST/OBC category etc.

Selection process-

--> written test

-->Personal interview

Exam Pattern-

Total No Of Question is 120.
Total Time given for the test is only 90 minutes.
Medium of examination is Hindi or English or Urdu.
This exam also has the negative marking. For any three wrong answer a full marks of a question will be deduced i.e. 1/3rd Negative marking.

The Questions in this exam will be asked from Technical, Non Technical, General English, General Awareness, Arithmetic's, Reasoning etc.
2nd January 2013, 07:52 PM
rvravikumar

Dear friend,
To become a locopilot you have to appear for a written exam conducted by the rrb,railway recruitment board.To appear in this exam you must have your matriculation certificate.
Your age should be between 18-30 years and you must be having an diploma in any field or an ITI degree.The written exam is followed by a pesonal interview and once you clear the interview you are posted as a locopilot in the railways.
Good luck for your future...........
2nd January 2013, 08:12 PM
md.javeed

Hi friend,

To get this post in the Railway you have to write RRB(railway recruitment Board) exam.

Qualification for Railway Loco Pilot:
you should have 10th passed
You have to complete ITI course in any stream
and you must have a diploma degree in Mechanical or EEE or automobile stream
If you are doing intermediate then you can do Graduation then also you can apply for the Loco pilot in Railway
The age limit is 18-30 years
relaxation is provided as per government rules
3 for OBC
5 for Sc/St

Selection procedure:
written Test
Personal Interview

Thank you.............
3rd January 2013, 08:21 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear..................

To became an Assistant Loco pilot in RRB the candidates have to be 10 pass with ITI in any stream from a recognize board.

The age limit is 18 - 30 yrs.

I.T.I. in any of the following specific trades recognized by SCVT/NCVT like :-
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Mill Wright or Maintenance Mechanic.

-Fitter/Electrician.

-Electronics Mechanic.

- Instrument Mechanic.

-Mechanic Radio & TV.

- Armature & Coil Winder.

-Mechanic Motor Vehicle.

- Heat Engine.

-Wireman.

-Mechanic Diesel.

-Tractor Mechanic.

The list of best books for Loco Pilot exam ..

For more details log on to..........
http://www.rrcb.gov.in

good luck..................
3rd January 2013, 02:10 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

For becoming a loco pilot, you need to give exam of RRB, which is railway recruitment board.
The minimum eligibility for giving this exam is that you need to be a 10th pass and completed your ITI in disciple of mechanical, electrical. You can also apply if you're a diploma holder.
The age limit decided by the railways for this exam is between 18 to 30 years

For more details, you can go on for this link

7th January 2013, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

sir, iam persuing degree, but iam trying to to work as a loco pilot in railways , so i need some suggestion , when,how to apply forms
7th January 2013, 04:00 PM
nitishtrifid

Hello Dear,

To become a loco pilot you need to give the RRB exam. RRB stand for Railway Recruitment Board.
eligibility criteria
Hi friend,

To get this post in the Railway you have to write RRB(railway recruitment Board) exam.

Qualification for Railway Loco Pilot:
Candidate should have 10th passed
candidate must be complete ITI course in any stream or diploma degree in mechanical/automobile/eletrical or electronics

The age limit is 18-30 years
3 year age relaxation for OBC candidate
5 year age relaxation for SC/ST candidate
Selection process
written Test
Personal Interview

For more detail visit
7th January 2013, 04:59 PM
SANDEEP K DEEDAWAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by udayhussain View Post
10th pass to any board and IIT through recogniged university
and age between 18-28
8th January 2013, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

my trade is information technology in B. Tech . can i apply for loco pilot ? reply me soon
18th January 2013, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

Can i give the exam of locopilot because i am prusuing diploma in Electrical engg. through IASE Deemed university which affiliated
UGC .my email id [email protected]. ,as soon as possible please reply me.
1st February 2013, 07:25 AM
Unregistered

Sir i am sandeep i had complete the diploma how to join the rrb course please tell the answer please
6th February 2013, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

WHAT IS THE AGE LIMIT IN LP FOR B.TECH STUDENT
24th March 2013, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

dear sir,
i want to know if there is any government training to become a indian railway pilot??if there it is,then please give me details....and is there any chance for the female candidate??
3rd April 2013, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

my name Parveen Kumar .I have complet Diploma in Production & Industrial Eng. I want to know that can I apply ?????????
5th April 2013, 11:05 AM
Unregistered

dear sir,
my name is deepak prasad. i m 12th passed and perssuing Desktop Publishing Operator (D.T.P.O.) course from B.T.C. PUSA, New delhi. then can i apply for the RRB (RAILWAY RECRUITMENT BOARD) examination?
6th April 2013, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

Sir i want to know that it necessary to do Diploma through AICTE . Can i do diploma by UBTER and then apply?
8th May 2013, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

sir i have comleted my graduation in b.com n i want to be a loco pilot can i apply for trhis post or i have to do any ITI or diploma course??? my email id - [email protected]
20th June 2013, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

Hi, Sir
I am Deep can i apply for Assistance loco pilot in haveing diploma from any outher applified University like IME,UGC,MHRD or only AICTE required for become loco pilot ! kindly reply me at my e-mail id [email protected]
thanks,

regards,
Deepak
20th July 2013, 11:33 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
My name is shubham. And i am from maharashtra .I want to be a locopilot, but sir i have completed my 10th exam and 10 2 also and currently i am the student of CHEMICAL ENGINEERING. I want to do something for my Nation sir. Please suggest me sir.
17th August 2013, 09:54 AM
Unregistered

Hi sir my name is kapil jangra and i Am student of final year mechanical engg. In diploma . What i can apply for alp in rrb . Please suggest me.i thank full to you
6th September 2013, 07:58 PM
Unregistered

Hi, i am md shamsad alam and i am the student of final year electrical eng of diploma. what can i do in its pls suggest me
23rd September 2013, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

sir i am completed I.T.I. In D.M.C. From a N.C.V.T. Approved college.Can i sit for the RRB examination...???
Plz plz rply mee sir.
25th September 2013, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

how much age has relaxition obc cast
5th October 2013, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

KYA REFRIGERATION AND AIR CONDITIONER SE ITI KARNE KE BAD LOCO PILOT ME APPLY KAR SAKTE HAI
6th October 2013, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i'm i.sc math. Do i apply alp.
8th October 2013, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

SIR my qulification ITI in automobile trade I m apply for RRB Asst. loco pilot post ple. inform... [email protected]
9th October 2013, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

Sir i complited my btech in mech. Can i apply fot railway section engineer and alp.
12th October 2013, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have 10 2 science and iti electical ncvt.in.govt.collage branch complete my name santosh kumar kushwaha.pleas tell me.
Mo.09617530284 email. [email protected].
10th November 2013, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

sir,i have complited diploma in civil engineer,can i apply this job
6th December 2013, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

hello sir. i have appearing to diploma 2yr (ME) so i will fill the form in indian railway loco pilot
11th December 2013, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

dear, sir i have completed in diploma mechanical from lovely professional university,I can apply loco pilot exam in 2014
11th December 2013, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

dear, si
r i have completed in diploma mechanical from lovely professional university,I can apply loco pilot exam in 2014
and diploma 2 year (me) so i will fill the form in indian railway loco pilot
11th December 2013, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

dear, si
r i have completed in diploma mechanical from lovely professional university,I can apply loco pilot exam in 2014
and diploma 2 year (me) so i will fill the form in indian railway loco pilot ,recogniged by ugc
13th January 2014, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

do appearing candidate apply ALP sec 2011-13
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?