12th July 2012, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

What kind of Preparation should be required for CAT Exam?

Dear sir,
please tell me what is cat test and what kind of preparation will have to do for the same ?

12th July 2012, 06:38 PM
Senior Member+

Smile Re: What kind of Preparation should be required for CAT Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear sir,
please tell me what is cat test and what kind of preparation will have to do for the same ?

Common Admission Test or <CAT>

Welcome to the "So Called" Toughest Exam in Asia, Yes! I'm Speaking About This Common Admission Test or Better Known as CAT. CAT is a test Conducted in India (Which is Completely Computer Based) to test the Following Factors of the Student:

◘ Quantitative Ability
◘ Data Interpretation
◘ Verbal Ability
◘ Logical Reasoning

Now, Why CAT?
Well, The IIM's Or the IIT's use these CAT Test Scores to Select the Students to their Business administration Programs (Like MBA or other master degree Programs).
Who Conducts the CAT Exam?
The IIM's Conduct the CAT Exam every year. A particular IIM takes it up in one year and then other IIM the nest year. And so goes the process every year in a round about Circle.
Test Pattern?
◘ Well, Like every other Management Entrance tests, CAT also Features 3 Sections, i.e.,
• MATHS
• ENGLISH
• REASONING
◘ Test Duration: 2.5 hours

◘ No. of Questions: Total 75, with 25 in Each Section.

◘ Award of Marks: +4 for Right Answer AND -1 for WRONG Answer.
FYI :
Better be careful while choosing your Questions and choose them Wise.

◘ CAT is all About Smart Work not All Of Hard Work like the IIT's where in the "Magic Formula" or Concept Shortcuts come into Picture.

"USE YOUR BRAIN WHILE GIVING YOUR CAT EXAM"

How TO Prepare?
Good Question!
◘ Firstly, You have to be Thorough with your Basics, So start as Early as Possible!
◘ Concentrate to Develop your Logical Reasoning Ability by Solving many Puzzles and Stuff. In Fact many Books are Available in the Market.
◘ Please cover up atleast 50% of all the Sections.

"DO NOT IGNORE ANY SECTION"

◘ And IIM's are Crazily known for the Last Minute Changes in the Pattern Of the Paper. Hence you have to Approach the Paper with an Open Mind so that You don't get Surprised if you confront such a situation (like everyone Else )
P.S: Check out the file in the Attached File Section to get a Better Review!

Hope this Information Helps you!

Regards,

Nik!

13th August 2013, 12:49 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What kind of Preparation should be required for CAT Exam?

Preparation for CAT can be started after collecting its detailed exam pattern and syllabus. Verbal Ability, quantitative ability, data interpretation, and logical reasoning are the main topics included under the syllabus. The Pearson Guide To Verbal Ability And Logical Reasoning For The CAT 1st Edition (Paperback) by Nishit K. Sinha, Business English and Communication, etc ate some of the books that can be referred. Reading Hindu news paper daily will help you to clear the section of general awareness. You can go with self study or or can approach any of the coaching centers for study.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?