31st July 2012, 11:23 AM
Unregistered

Can I get Job in Software Company after completion of M.Sc in Mathematics?

I am doing m.Sc with math.Can i join software company.And what kind of job i will get other than teaching.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get job in software companies after completion of my M.Sc(Computer science) degree?
  2. Am I eligible to join in private software company after completing MSc CS degree?
  3. Can I do MCA course after completion of B.Sc in Mathematics? Job Opportunities after completion of MCA course?
  4. Which branch is better between engineering and information technology?
  5. Can i do software engineering after MSc in mathematics
  6. How can I join Ph.D in Mathematics being a candidate having completed BE in Information Science and with 7 years of work experience in Software Industry?
  7. Can I still get a job in any software company?
  8. Which career option will be better after completion of B.E Civil
  9. Best courses which include Maths and jobs related to the field of Maths?
  10. Scholarship to continue studies of M.Sc Mathematics? Job opportunities after completion of course? -- [New]
  11. How to get a job in software company after completing B.Com?
  12. How to get automobile job after completing MSc software engineering
  13. Job Opportunities after completion of M.Sc in Biotechnology to get more salary? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. How to join IT company after finishing MSc IT
  15. Is MCA better than MSc? Can I get a job in software if I do MSc? What is the salary package?
  16. For which post do the software companies hire diploma holders? Currently I am working in telecom networking company but not interested in job. Should I quite this or complete my year?
  17. How to work in software company? I am a BSc 6th semester student
  18. Any opportunity in government job for MSc Mathematics students?
31st July 2012, 05:25 PM
Benduluri

Default Re: Can I get Job in Software Company after completion of M.Sc in Mathematics?

sorry ,you are not eligible for to do a IT job in software field ,your stream is entirely different when compared to computer science

you have a lot of future in the way of faculty and do ph.d it will help you
and you get a more salary when compared to the software job

**All the best**
31st July 2012, 08:19 PM
karthik.mm
Member+

Default Re: Can I get Job in Software Company after completion of M.Sc in Mathematics?

Dear Friend,

What sort of careers are there in Mathematics and Statistics?

A quick glance at the 'Situations Vacant' section of Saturday’s Press is enough to see that there are few, if any, relevant jobs listed under MATHEMATICS or STATISTICS.

A more in-depth look will reveal that Mathematics and Statistics graduates are employed in many different areas.

Industry, commerce, government departments and teaching represent some of the more obvious ones.

Some jobs require specific mathematical or statistical skills while others, although not directly involving these skills, require the ability to think precisely and reason logically; these are abilities gained from your mathematical studies.

For a good idea of the kinds of careers that Mathematics or Statistics can lead to, visit the American Mathematical Society's Early Career Profiles website.

Generally, business, industry and government want people who have a broad background and interest in a variety of mathematical areas, computation and science.

Therefore you need to take papers that will expand your knowledge of applications of Mathematics and Statistics.

The most directly applicable papers would be in Accounting, Biology, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Management, and Physics.

In particular, there are very good job opportunities in financial mathematics and in computing combined with Mathematics.

Employers in both private and government sectors are increasingly seeking top graduates from a general field, sometimes not specifying any particular discipline at all.

They want bright people whom they will train. Also, the need for people who have a working knowledge of Statistics has burgeoned in recent years.

Over the last few years, the following job vacancies have been advertised locally for graduates in Mathematics or Statistics, or for people with expertise in these areas.

Many of these jobs require competence in using software packages such as SAS. Familiarity with spreadsheets, such as Excel, and data bases are also useful.

Most jobs also require strong oral and written communication skills, well developed interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently as well as in a team.

Common Openings for the Position at various company are:-
  • Analyst - Regional & Housing
  • Analysts - National and Enterprise Accounts
  • Analysts - Payments, Trade
  • Economic Statistician
  • Mathematical Statisticians
  • Analyst - Maori Statistics Unit
  • Economic Statistician/Analyst

All the Best
31st July 2012, 09:26 PM
EDEPHIC
Senior Member+

sorry ,you are not eligible for to do a IT job in software field ,your stream is entirely different when compared to computer science

**All the best**
18th August 2012, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

Information about NET? how can i prepare for NET exam?
26th June 2013, 01:59 AM
Winning Spirit

Dear Friend,

* You does not really have any openings in the software sector as it completely deals with a different profile.

* But i can suggest you to enter any Business Process Outsourcing as an executive, where in you initial salary would start from around 15,000 per month.

* Best wishes :-)
14th August 2013, 12:15 AM
Unregistered

Can you suggest companies that hire M.Sc in mathematics for campus placement?
24th June 2016, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

Many colleges have taken b.sc maths students to companies by campus interview.why it's impossible?
6th October 2019, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

Which type of company wants msc mathematics and computing students
7th October 2019, 01:01 PM

Hi,
Please find my answer below.

You can do IT job but you need to do software course(Java,.Net).Then you need to do some software project experience.Then you can get a job in a software company but now days company are preferring B Tech,MCA or MSC(IT) because they are easily getting highly educated candidate from market.
11th December 2021, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down Re: Can I get Job in Software Company after completion of M.Sc in Mathematics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDEPHIC View Post

**All the best**
Idiots like you should just shut your mouths. Do you even know the relationship between Mathematics and Computer science? When there are great programmers who have not even completed their graduation, what makes you think that a person with master's degree in mathematics cannot be in the software field?

Secondly, what makes you think that everyone is after a big fat salary? Is that all matters to everyone? Could not this querent be genuinely interested in programming?
5th August 2022, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

After M.Sc. mathematics for getting a job in IT sector software testing is good or not?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?