1st August 2012, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

Can I give UPSC(IPS) exam after passing 12th with 70% in commerce

can i give upsc(ips)exam after passing 12th with 70 percentage in comerce and my aditional subject was physical education in which my marks are 85?

4th August 2012, 04:21 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give UPSC(IPS) exam after passing 12th with 70% in commerce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can i give upsc(ips)exam after passing 12th with 70 percentage in comerce and my aditional subject was physical education in which my marks are 85?
If you are willing to give Civil Service Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission in order to join the Indian Police Service, you must possess a bachelors degree. Candidates holding a bachelors degree in any discipline are considered eligible for the Civil Service Examination.

As per your present qualification, you can not write Civil Service Examination. To be considered eligible for the exam, first of all you will have to complete graduation in Commerce or any other discipline and be within the age limit of 21-30 years. The maximum age limit is however relaxed for candidates belonging to SC/ST category upto 5 years and for candidates belonging to OBC category, its 3 years.

As far as percentage of marks is concerned, there is no such criteria.Hence, no matter how much you score in your bachelors degree examination or in previous academic examinations like secondary and senior secondary examination, if you are a graduate and within the aforementioned age limit, you can definitely write the Civil Service Examination.
18th September 2012, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

how can i know about ips exam after 12th?????
18th September 2012, 07:26 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You can not appear for the Civil Service Examination as for now. The percentage is not an issue and physical education subject is also irrelevant when applying for the Civil Service Exam. You need a graduation degree which would be: B.A., B.Com. B.Sc, B.Tech etc to appear for the Civil Service Exam.

To become IPS officer you will have to appear for Civil Service Exam. There isn't any separate exam for IPS officer. The same Civil Service Exam is also for the candidates interested in IAS , IFS etc. The Union Public Service Commission is given the responsibility to conduct the Civil Service Examination.

Therefore my recommendation for you would be to complete graduation and then apply for Civil Service Exam. Passing the graduation course with any percentage would be enough to appear for the exam. What you should look out for is physical requirements. It is better to check them out first before applying for the Civil Service Exam. If you failed to meet the physical requirements then there is no way to become IPS officer. Check out all the eligibility criteria mentioned below.

Eligibility

1. Candidate should be Indian national.

2. A bachelor degree in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Limit

1. The age limit for Civil Service Exam is 21 to 30 years.

2. As per govt. rule OBC gets 3 years relaxation in upper age limit.

3. Similarly SC/ST gets 5 years relaxation in upper age limit.

Physical Requirements

Height:

1. Male: 165 cm (General) and 160 cm (ST)

2. Female: 150 cm (General) and 145 cm (ST)

Chest:

1. Male: Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm

2. Female: Minimum 79 cm expansion 5 cm

Eyes:

1. 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye

2. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye

3. No color blindness or night blindness

Number of Attempts

1. General - 4

2. OBC - 7

3. SC/ST - No restriction
18th September 2012, 07:58 PM
santhoshkumar1988

You will completed any degree in recognized institution as possible for write upsc exam..

Educational Qualification: - The candidate should have a degree completed from any of the institutes established by an Act of Parliament or any University deemed by the University Grant Commission under section 3, Act, 1956. The candidates with a degree from any of the recognized universities can apply for the UPSC Exams.

Nationality:- The candidate must be the citizen of India to apply for the Indian Administrative Service & Indian Police Service.

Age Limit: - The candidate should be minimum 21 years of age for applying and the maximum age limit to apply for the UPSC Exams is 29 years.

Number of attempts: - Every eligible candidate is allowed to attempt the Civil Services Examination four times.

Restrictions set by UPSC:
- A successful candidate already recruited into the Indian Administrative Service or Indian Foreign Service, continuing to be a member of the same will be held ineligible to appear for further examinations.

Physical Fitness Criteria: - Candidate appearing for the Civil Service Examination should be physically fit according to the standards of the UPSC. Fitness Standards set by UPSC are based on the guidelines given in Appendix-3 of rules for examination published in the Gazette of India Extraordinary dated 4th December, 2004.
18th September 2012, 10:05 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear.......
As you are interested for IPS exam,Now you can not appear Civil Service Exam to apply certain exam there are some eligibility criteria which you have to satisfy which are as follows:

*The candidates should be a Graduate in any discipline from a recognize university.
*The age limit is 21 - 30 yrs.
There is age relaxation for SC/ST & OBC candidates.
*The candidates should be a citizen of India.

The physical details for IPS officer :

Exam Pattern:

For more details visit official website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck........
18th September 2012, 11:13 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

After passing 12th you are not eligible to apply for UPSC IPS exam as the minimum cademic qualification for this is Graduation Degree. But as you are interested you can strat preparation for IPS along with your regular studies after 12th.

IPS - Indian Police Service, to become an IPS officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service exam conducted once every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

Apart from this the aspiring candidate for IPS should have maintained a minimumprescribed physical requirement such as:-

HEIGHT:- General Male-165cm and Female-150cm while SC/ST Male-160cm and Female-145cm.

CHEST:- Male-85cm and Female-79cm expandable to 5cm in both the cases.

So as you are interested for UPSC IPS exam you have to first complete Graduation and there is no need of any percentage of marks for application to this exam.

For further information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
23rd September 2012, 12:32 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

No , you cannot give UPSC (IPS) Exam after passing 12th with 70% marks in commerce because you do not fulfill the leigibility criteria required for the exam.

The Eligibility Criteria that you require to fulfill are :

* You must have completed your graduation in whatever stream from any recognized college / university.

* Your age must lie in between 18-30 years.

* There is also a relaxation in upper age for students belonging to reserved categories.

* you must have Indian Nationality.

this is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
21st November 2012, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

i want to give upse eexam but can i give it after passing my engineering and what r the subjects i have to study for upse exam???
31st December 2012, 09:36 AM
Unregistered

I live in mumbai.
my age is 18 running nd this year m completing my 12 th from commerce so can i give upsc exam nd from where?
28th January 2013, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 12th with science. what should be my subjects for graduation? Please suggest me
28th January 2013, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my 12th with science. I am an upsc aspirant, what should be my subjects for Graduation
29th January 2013, 02:02 AM
SHARIB IZHAR

Hello,

At this stage, you are not eligible to apply for UPSC exams as you are not a graduate student. You should first complete your graduation with any discipline. Then after you will be able to apply for the UPSC exams.

To appear in UPSC exam you must be an Indian and your age must not exceed than 30 years.
A general category candidate can attempts 4 times in UPSC. However, OBC candidates can attempts 7 times and there is no restriction to attempt for SC/ST candidates.

To apply for IPS your height should be 165cm(male) and 150 cm(female) for general candidate.

All the best.........
29th January 2013, 12:01 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I give UPSC(IPS) exam after passing 12th with 70% in commerce

Quote:

Eligibility For IPS Officer

To become an IPS Officer..you need to first clear the UPSC Civil Service Exam

Candidates can appear for the Civil Services Exam if they have the following minimum qualifications :-

>> you must be within the age limit of 21-30 years if you belong to general category..

>> 21-33 years if you are OBC..

>> 21-35 years if you are SC/ST

>> 21-40 years if Physically Disabled..

>> you must have at least completed your graduation in any stream from a recognized college..

>> general candidates are allowed a maximum of 4 attempts to appear for the Civils..

>> OBC have 7 attempts whereas there is no restriction on the number of attempts for SC/ST/PD candidates..

Unless you complete your graduation till then you are not eligible for appearing for the Civil Services Exam..

There are the following rounds to be cleared in order to get selected for the IPS :-

>> CSAT or Prelims
>> Mains
>> Interview Round
>> Medical Exam

The Prelims shall test you on the basis of 2 objective papers based on aptitude and general knowledge..

The Mains will test you based on 9 papers consisting of your graduation subjects as well as English and essay writing..

Visit http://upsc.gov.in for more info on the exam..

Go through the previous year papers of CSAT as well as syllabus and the Mains paper pattern..

Also scan through the physical requirements which you need to satisfy for appearing for the Medical exam..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: docx IAS CSAT Syllabus.docx(12.5 KB, 87 views)
File Type: txt IAS Exam Paper Pattern.txt(552 Bytes, 85 views)
File Type: doc IAS-Prelims-Paper-I-Solved-2011.doc(86.0 KB, 85 views)
File Type: pdf IAS Prelims_PAPER_II.pdf(1.32 MB, 97 views)
File Type: docx IPS Physical Eligibility.docx(10.8 KB, 81 views)
29th January 2013, 12:04 PM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Information Regarding Civil Services Examination.

You can apply for the IPS examination after completing the graduation degree in any discipline from a recognize University.

Indian Police Services (IPS) is consider as the one of the best job of India. IPS examination is conducted by the Unoin Public Service Commission (UPSC) once in every year.

Eligibility Criteria for IPS Examination :
--> Pass graduation degree in any discipline from a recognize University. Final year graduation candidates can also appear in this examination.
--> The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of examination. The age relaxation is also applicable for reservation category.

These are the basic eligibility criteria for the IPS entrance examination. If you satisfy the above mention eligibility criteria then you are eligible to apply for IPS examination.

So, you can appear in the IPS examination in final year or after completing the graduation degree course. Do preparation well for the upcoming IPS examination. The competition is really tough so do hard work. For any more information regarding the IPS examination please visit the official website of UPSC :~ http://www.upsc.gov.in
29th January 2013, 02:17 PM
sonali pandey1111

hi dear

i appreciate you for your IPS decision, but now you are in 12th class and for IPS exam you have to clear graduation first. IPS exam conducted by upsc. To serve our nation is like proud to our self. I suggest you complete your 12th and graduation with good marks. Work hard for your dream .

eligibility criteria

You must have completed your graduation in whatever stream from any recognized college / university.

Your age must lie in between 18-30 years.

all the best
takecare
29th January 2013, 02:20 PM
sonali pandey1111

hi dear

i appreciate you for your IPS decision, but now you are in 12th class and for IPS exam you have to clear graduation first. IPS exam conducted by upsc. To serve our nation is like proud to our self. I suggest you complete your 12th and graduation with good marks. Work hard for your dream .

eligibility criteria

You must have completed your graduation in whatever stream from any recognized college / university.

Your age must lie in between 18-30 years.

all the best
takecare
29th January 2013, 04:23 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Can I give UPSC(IPS) exam after passing 12th with 70% in commerce

Quote:

hi friend,

IPS stands for Indian Police Service

you have completed your graduation Degree in any Discipline with at lest 55% from recognise universities.....

Final year students are also applicable.....

citizen of india.........

Age Limit:

General category student:- 21-30 years.
OBC +3 years.
SC/ST +5 years.

No. Attempt:

General - 4
OBC - 7
SC/ST - No limit.

Exam pattern:-

Subjects for IPS:

Geography
Geology
History
Law
Arabic
Assamese
Bengali
Agriculture
Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
Anthropology
Botany
Chemistry
Civil Engineering
Commerce & Accountancy
Economics
Electrical Engineering

All the best.....
29th January 2013, 04:31 PM
Budhwarz
Member+

Hi Aspirant

Sorry to say that but according to your current qualification you can't write the union public service commission exam for the post of Indian police services.As for the civil services exam the minimum educational qualification required is graduation but as you said you have just passed 12th and on the basis of 12th class you want to apply for the job but it is not possible at all.

The exam civil services exam is conducted by the upsc department every year and their is 3 stages in the exam and you need to clear all of them if you want to join the IPS Post as first stage is the pre exam and after that their will be a mains exam and than the final task the Final interview.

But as i want to clear one thing as a commerce student no doubt you are eligible for the exam but you need a graduation degree to apply for the civil services exam because graduation degree is must for the cse exam.

Also for the civil services exam the candidate age should be between 21 years to 30 years and also for the obc it is 21-33 but for the sc and st 21-35.

For this exam their is also a limitation on the number of attempts as for general 4 attempts allowed and for the sc,st their is no restriction but for the obc 7 attempts allowed.

Apply for exam just after completing graduation and in between start preparing for the exam along with your graduation.

Best of luck
29th January 2013, 06:22 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI!
I am sorry to say that you are eligible for I.P.S after passing 12th.

If you want to become I.P.S you you have to pass graduation with any stream.

I.A.S exam exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Qualification:- Pass graduation with any stream from recognized university.

Age limit:-
For Open category:- 21-30 year
For OBC category:- 21-33 YEAR
For ST/SC category:- 21-37 year

Number of Attempts:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

In I.A.S exam there are three stage Of selection:-
> PRELIMS EXAM
> MAINS EXAM
> INTERVIEW
> MEDICAL EXAM(FOR I.P.S)

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

All the best!
29th January 2013, 06:27 PM
mayankt

Hi,
No you cannot give UPSC (IPS) exam after passing 12th coz as far as this exam is concern you should be graduate from recognised university marks does not matter as far as this exam is concern
If you want to become an IPS officer for that you you to apply for civil services exam conducted by UPSC.

Civil Services Exam Will be held in Three Round .
1. Preliminary Exam
2. Main Examination
3. Interview Test
1. Preliminary Exam - This is an objective type questions based test which if the candidate passes, qualifies tothe second phase.
2. Main Exam - This is a subjective type questions based test which if the candidate passes, passes to the third phase after clear this you can go for interview round
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
#Qualification
Candidate must have graduation Degree in any stream,No specific marks are required,Final year students are also eligible
#.Age Limits
For gen-21-30 years
For obc- 21-33 years
For sc/st- 21-35 years
#.Attempts
General- 4
Obc- 7
Sc/st- no limit

Best book for Civil services Exam:-
#.CSAT: Interpersonal, Communication, Problem Solving and Decision Making Skills (Paper 2)
by
Shalini Verma
Publisher: Pearson

#.UPSC Portal CSAT Comprehensive Manual: IAS Preliminary Examination 2013 (Paper - 2)
by
Sachchida Nand Jha
Publisher: UPSC Portal

#.UPSC Portal CSAT General Studies Manual: IAS Preliminary Examination 2013 (Paper - 1)
by
Jha, Jha
Publisher: UPSC Portal

Notification for the next exam will come out on 2nd February 2013
Prelims exams will be held on 19th May 2013
Mains will held on
08-11-2013

for Previous Years Question Papers you can refer www.upsc.gov.in
You can fill the online application form fromthe official website www.upsconline.nic.in

Good luck....
29th January 2013, 07:35 PM
Sikdu

for appearing for IPS you need to be graduate in any dicipline.and your age should be between 21 to 30 years..so at present you need to concentrate on your further studies but you can start your preparation ..
26th March 2013, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

sorry but every one says that you have to start your preparation OK.. but with what.... after 12th the students may seek necessary information about the UPSC... i.e everthing related to UPSC exams which can be appeared after graduation (Bachelor degree)

can anyone explain what to do in the time span of three years of attaining bachelor degree...
WHAT TO PREPARE and FROM WHERE...?

plz guide me
13th September 2013, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

dear sir
my name is debojyoti gogoi from assam .sir i lost my hslc.hs admit card.now i am ignou student.can i aply..date of birth certificat.can i join is
14th September 2013, 04:57 PM
B.Srikanth Yadav

Thumbs up Re: Can I give UPSC(IPS) exam after passing 12th with 70% in commerce

Hello Friend,

Qualification Required:

1.Aspirants who want to apply for IPS should possess Degree in any discipline from any University recognised by Government.

Age Limit:

1.Age of the applicants should not be less than 21 years and should not be more than 30 years to be

eligible for IPS Exam.

No. of Attempts

1.Applicants who already applied for IPS are here by informed that the IPS Exam limit is of 4 times

2.IPS up to 4 times only where as for SC/ St category limit is of 7 times.

IPS Exam Syllabus

IPS Exam consists of total 9 papers based on different topics which are mentioned below:

Paper I: Language Exam
Paper II: General English
Paper III: Essay
Paper IV and V: General Studies
Paper VI, VII, VIII and IX: Optional Subjects

Applicants will have to qualify in all the above Exams and after that they will be called for Interview for final selection.

General English

Comprehension
Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
Logical reasoning and analytical ability
Decision making and problem solving
General mental ability
Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. — Class X level)
English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level)

Essay:

1.Candidates will have to write two Essays.
a. One topic will relate to Indian Society/politics/ Economy/Development, Growth and relevant phases.
b. The other topic will relate to security and related stuffs.

General Studies:

1.Current events of national and international importance
2.History of India and Indian National Movement
3.Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
4.Indian Polity and Governance
5.Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
6.General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization

Thank You.
4th May 2015, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

i had completed B.A. from swami ramanand tirth marathwada university nanded & i had also completed B.A. from open univesity in same year ,can i give upse exam
5th July 2015, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir, I had question for you that how much minimum percentage is required from HSlC to B.A. to be eligible for appearing UPSC examination(IPS or IAS)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?