10th September 2012, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

What is the scope of Biotechnology in India? How much is the salary? Is PG in India better?

what is the scope for biotechnology in india?
if i complete p.hd in biotechnology how much salary i could get?
whether doing pg in india is better or in abroad is better?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the scope in India after doing Biotechnology Engineering in India? What is the salary per month
  2. Which has a better scope in India, MSc Toxicololgy or Biotechnology?
  3. What is the importance of Biotechnology? Can I get a job with better salary?
  4. Is there any scope for Biotechnology in India?
  5. Career scope after completion of M.Sc in Medical Biotechnology?
  6. Present scope of Biotechnology in India? Where Biotechnology has more scope in India or in Abroad? -- [New]
  7. What is the scope of biotechnology in India and Abroad? What is the salary?
  8. What is the scope of Biotechnology in India? Is it true that the job opportunities are less in India? What is the average salary? What type of job will I get?
  9. Should I do Mtech in biotechnology after doing btech in biotechnology? what is the scope? India or abroad? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Can I do M.Sc. in Biochemistry after completion of B.Sc.(hons) in Biotechnology? Scope and Top colleges in India for Biochemistry?
  11. Which are the universities offering M.Tech industrial biotechnology course? What is the scope of industrial biotechnology in India
  12. Integrated course in M.Tech (Biotechnology) from JNU? Syllabus? Career options and scope of biotechnology in India?
  13. B.A.M.S salary and scope in India? How much salary will I get if I do BAMS from government college in Haridwar?
  14. Scope for Cytogenetics in India? What is the expected salary?
  15. Career scope for BBA course in India? How much salary can I get after completion of this course?
  16. What is the scope of automobile engineering in India? How may I get admission into it and what are its future scope?
  17. Scope in Clinical research after M.Sc (Biotechnology)? Salary variation between PG Diploma and M.Tech (Biotechnology)? Scope of M.Tech (Biotechnology) after M.Sc? Areas of jobs?
  18. Does D-Pharmacy has good scope in India? Salary for a Pharmacist in India? Will there be any opportunity for D-Pharmacy candidate to go abroad?
26th November 2012, 06:09 PM

Default Re: What is the scope of Biotechnology in India? How much is the salary? Is PG in India better?

Biotechnology is an upcoming popular career option for many students. It is one of therapidly growing areas of science that is catching up with youngsters of today. Biotechnology is the use of the 2 most important areas of science – biology and technology. Integrating these two areas is beneficial in many areas of medicine, agriculture and allied industries and chemical industries. Planning, production and management are some of the areas in which biotechnologists can be employed.
Since biotechnology is a vast field, there are many opportunities that are available for students in this stream. Some of areas in which students can work are given below.
1. Gene therapy – identifying the various genes in all living beings and helping solve the various problems which are associated with it. For example: Diabetes, sickle cell disease, down syndromeetc.
2. Enzyme engineering and technology – it is theapplication of modifying an enzyme’s structure to produce new metabolites. This area of study is useful in chemical industry, pharmaceuticals and food oragriculture additives.
3. DNA technologies – the name biotechnology is very synonymous to DNA and its associated areas of research. DNA fingerprinting, sequencing ofgenomes and using new molecular markers are someof the things which one can work on in this area.
4. Drugs and vaccines – biotechnology is vastly usedby pharmaceutical companiesto help come up with better medicines for curing ailments.
5. Nanobiotechnology – one of the newer advancements in the field ofscience is nanotechnology and combining it with biotechnology will help make many areas of science easy.For example: complicated operations on humans can be made less painful, thereby eliminating the fear associated with it.
Of the many areas in which biotechnology can be used, the above were just a brief introduction to the vast world of biotechnology.
26th January 2013, 08:02 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the scope of Biotechnology in India? How much is the salary? Is PG in India better?

best collage in m.sc
28th February 2013, 11:16 AM
Unregistered

What is the job appartunity after B sc .in Biotecnology and is it gud for girl as carrier.and hv any scop to get govt. Job.
9th July 2013, 05:49 PM
Unregistered

what will be good btech food technology or bsc agriculture
28th March 2014, 11:44 AM
Unregistered

Can scientists in biology field earn well in India? How much is the salary? Would t be a good profession? If not what are the other options?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?