15th September 2012, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

How to join marine engineering? I am studying in 11th standard

now i am studying 11th std 'B'group computer science group in 10th std i got 72.7%
i would like to join marine engineering when is the entrance exam and how can i apply for that send me the details about it

14th June 2015, 10:38 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join marine engineering? I am studying in 11th standard

Marine engineering course is a bachelor of engineering course of duration of four years constituting of eight semesters.

To pursue marine engineering or any other engineering course from a recognized university at the very first you will have to complete your senior secondary degree or equivalent degree course with physics, chemistry and mathematics as your main subjects with at least 50% aggregate in each.

Also to pursue these courses from any top government or private university you will have to appear in their respective entrance examination and have to do well in it too. Few of the ell known entrance examinations are State EEE, JEE , COMED-K,VITEEE, SRMEEE, etc. .

Where as for pursuing of your desired engineering course from IIT , NIT, IIIT, ISM you will have to crack the JEE examination held in two stages which are JEE Mains and JEE Advance along with high percentage in your board examinations too as the merit list is based on the overall performance of both these examinations.

For appearing in these examinations your age must be within 17 years to 25 years till the last date of the year in which you are appearing in the respective examination. Also for more queries about these examinations log on to their respective official links.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?