23rd August 2014, 12:32 AM
Unregistered

Basic requirements to get seat in one of the top universities of USA?

hi.. i am studing B.Tech final year.I want to complete my ms in usa.what are the basic things i need to get a seat in one of the top universities in usa.

Related Questions:
  1. Requirements for getting in top B.Schools in US? Names of top US universities for MBA?
  2. Want to do B.E. but family's financial conditions are not good, what to do?
  3. Basic requirements for Mechanical student to get seat in MS Germany? On what basis scholarship is provided? Top colleges for it?
  4. How will I have to perform to get into top universities of USA? I will be graduating in May
  5. List of top universities for MS in USA after doing B.Tech? Information of all the universities of USA?
  6. How much TOEFL score should I get in order to get into top 20-30 universities of USA? Which universities are good in Electronics Stream in USA?
  7. Which are the good universities in USA offering MS in control and automation or embedded systems? What are the GRE score requirements? Whats the average living cost in USA?
  8. In which universities of USA I can apply directly for PhD in Physics? What are their requirements?
  9. Will an experience of 1 year be sufficient for admission in top universities of USA or UK?
  10. In which Universities I can get admission and what are the entry requirements for PhD in Physiology at USA?
  11. How may I pursue PhD in management from top universities of USA or UK?
  12. List of top universities for MS course in UK and USA? Which courses should I select? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Can I get seat in best universities of USA having good score in SAT and TOEFL?
  14. How can I do MS from top universities of USA and UK after completing my engineering graduation?
  15. Is GRE exam a good way to enter MIT, USA and other top notch universities? What is the procedure for it?
  16. Which entrance exams should I appear to get into Top Universities of USA/UK?
  17. Can I get admission in top universities in USA for MBA?
  18. Entrance tests to pursue Ph.D degree in management from top universities in USA/UK?
12th September 2014, 12:34 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Basic requirements to get seat in one of the top universities of USA?

The basic requirements to get a seat in one of the top universities in USA are:-

- First, complete your B.Tech with a good grade.
- Second, score well in the entrance exams based on which the foreign universities take admission.
- The entrance exams are GRE and TOEFL. You need a very good score in these as the cutoff is very high for the top universities.
- You need to have a good resume depicting extra curricular activities.
- Work experience is of additional benefit.
- You need to apply with a strong statement of purpose and be financially stable to meet the expense of study in USA.

Books for a good preparation:-

- The Official Guide to the GRE Revised General Test. Click here to buy.
- Kaplan GRE Premier 2015 with 6 Practice Tests: book + online + DVD + mobile (English). Click here to buy.
- Manhattan Prep GRE Set of 8 Strategy Guides. Click here to buy.

- OFFICIAL GUIDE TO TOEFL TEST. Click here to buy.
- Cracking the TOEFL iBT with Audio CD. Click here to buy.
- TOEFL iBT Premier 2014 - 2015 with 4 Practice Tests Book + CD + Online + Mobile . Click here to buy.
- Essays for TOEFL / IELTS. Click here to buy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?