20th March 2015, 12:48 AM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in any college of US if scored 5.5 Bands in Listening & Reading and 5 Bands in Writing and Speaking of IELTS?

Friends,
I did my 10+2 in Commerce stream. I got 70% marks in it. I did IELTS in IDP and I got 5.5 in Listening, 5.5 in Reading, 5 in Speaking and 5 in Writing. Can I get admission in any collage of US.

21st March 2015, 08:00 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in any college of US if scored 5.5 Bands in Listening & Reading and 5 Bands in Writing and Speaking of IELTS?

Yes, you can get admission in USA universities even if you have 5.5 bands in IELTS, but they will offer you a conditional admit. Conditional admit means, after going to USA, you have to take ESL(English as a Second Language) course from that specific university, which costs around 3 lakhs. So, I suggest you to complete your IELTS with at least 6 bands, instead wasting your money of 3 lakhs. If you have minimum 6 bands in your IELTS, then you can get easily get unconditional admit in most of the universities.
26th March 2015, 01:20 AM
bichapoda

Default Re: Can I get admission in any college of US if scored 5.5 Bands in Listening & Reading and 5 Bands in Writing and Speaking of IELTS?

Yes , Even after getting 5.5 Band in your IELTS you can get admission from Universities in US.

But don't expect to get Admissions from top universities, because to get an admit from good universities you need to have minimum 6.5 Bands.

Based on your Score you will be getting Admit from Middle level Universities and also have a change getting Conditional Admits from some good universities.

Universities which gave you Conditional admit will ask you to take English subject in your 1st semester as your IELTS Score is low, so your semester fee will be more compared to normal fee as English subject will a extra subject.

I suggest you to Retake your IELTS and get a good band so that you will get admits from Good Universities and if your score is very good (i.e above 6.5 Bands) then the university will offer you scholarship.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?