7th May 2014, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study Ophthalmology in Abroad countries?

sir, iam completed 12 with 82%.i like to study opthalmalogy without study MBBS could I have an chance to study opthalmalogy

18th December 2017, 04:30 PM
HKBEHURA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study Ophthalmology in Abroad countries?

Yes, you have a chance to study Opthalmalogy. As you said you want to study Opthalmalogy but you do not want to study MBBS, so you can study Diploma Course i.e.
1. Diploma in Ophthalmology or
2. Diploma in Ophthalmic Technology
3. Optometry B.Sc. Honers
4. Optometry with a Preliminary Year B.Sc.

These are the popular foreign universities offering Ophthalmology courses:-
> Aston University Birmingham
> Anglia Ruskin University
> Cardiff University
> Indiana State University
> University of Hartford
7th July 2021, 09:10 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Eligibility to study Ophthalmology in Abroad countries?

Sir I have completed SEE and what I do
to study Opthalmology also I wand to study abroad
12th July 2022, 03:43 PM
usmedico

Arrow Re: Eligibility to study Ophthalmology in Abroad countries?

What are the requirements to study ophthalmology in foreign countries? These are important questions to ask yourself before applying. If you want to become an ophthalmologist, you must be board-certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. To qualify for a fellowship, you must have a valid license to practice in the United States. This includes licenses that permit practicing only at an academic institution.

There are numerous differences between ophthalmology training schemes in various countries. In the United Kingdom, for example, postgraduate training is lengthy and well-structured. In Germany, training begins later and focuses more on surgical Ophthalmology. In the United States, however, the training program is shorter and the admission requirements are more competitive. However, the countries with the most competitive entry requirements are Finland, the United States, and the Philippines.

There are many ways to become involved in an international ophthalmology training program. The KCCO is one such organization. Fellows receive free housing and food while they study there. The cost of living in a high-volume training program is about $120 per month for international students and Rs 1500 per month for Indians. Fellows can also get involved through clinical observerships.

Interested students should apply for a residency program. In the United States, aspiring ophthalmologists must pass the Combined Medical Service (CMS) entrance exam, which is conducted by the Union Public Commission Service (UPCS). Students can also join the defense services. However, it is important to note that you must have completed at least 12th grade with science subjects. You can also pursue postgraduate degrees in ophthalmology in a foreign country if you are looking to work as a physician.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?