24th February 2015, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

Which exam to clear GRE or IELTS to pursue Masters in Public Health course from American University?

hii...i m priya..i have completed my bds in andhra pradesh and want to persuade masters in public health course from an american university..will u pleas lemme know the syllabus i have to prepare for that..and the books we should refer to clear GRE and ILETS

Related Questions:
  1. What exams do I have to write among GRE,TOEFL,IELTS exams if I want to pursue masters in abroad?
  2. Should I have to appear in GRE to study Master of Pharmacy in USA if scored 7.5 Bands in IELTS?
  3. Procedure to study MS in Abroad for B.E.(ECE) final year student?
  4. Which is required to study masters in Germany IELTS or GRE?
  5. IELTS , German Language Test, GRE: for Masters in Germany which all exams to clear? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. MBA or Master's degree in Pharmacy, which has wide scope if study in USA? List of entrance exam for admission?
  7. Procedure to study MS in Genetic Engineering in Abroad for B.Tech(Biomedical Engineering) last semester student?
  8. What is the career available after BHMS? Top colleges to pursue masters in Public Health?
  9. MS in Biotechnology at Abroad for B.Tech student?
  10. Procedure to study MS in Abroad with scholarship for B.Tech student?
  11. How may I get the details like admission procedure, cut off marks, list of the colleges, scholarships etc for MS(in mechanical) course from Germany? Is it necessary to write both GRE and IELTS exam?
  12. Is there any way to apply for Ph.D in US without doing GRE/TOEFL?
  13. What's the eligibility criteria for doing MS(Mechanical engineering) from Germany? How may I get details about admission procedure and scholarship available? How much score is required in GRE and IELTS for getting scholarship?
  14. To do Masters in Automobile Engineering GRE and IELTS both are mandatory?
  15. List of entrance exams for studying MS in Germany?
  16. Detailed information and eligibility to study MS in USA for MCA student?
  17. Is it necessary to appear in GRE and IELTS for study PhD with Fellowship in Abroad?
  18. Is it necessary to appear in GMAT or GRE for the admission in Germany if secured 6.5 bands in IELTS?
24th February 2015, 03:43 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which exam to clear GRE or IELTS to pursue Masters in Public Health course from American University?

You should appear for both GRE and IELTS exams. That's because American university is offering Masters admission in Public Health course by considering GRE and IELTS or TOEFL scores of the applicants. So, you have to appear for both the exams. After completing those exams, you can apply for admission.

GRE:-
GRE exam is used to test the ability of a candidate in both Quantitative and Verbal
Reasoning.It is conducted for 340 marks. In this exam, the questions are based on General English and Mathematics, which is at a level of 7th to 10th standard.

Exam Pattern:-
The GRE exam is conducted in three sections
Section I:-
1) Verbal Reasoning
i) Reading Comprehension
ii) Text Completion
iii) Sentence Equivalence

Section II:-
1) Quantitative Reasoning

Section III:-
1) Analytical Writing Assessment
i) Issue-Task essay
ii )Argument-Task essays

IELTS:-
IELTS exam is used to assess the ability of a person in Reading, Listening, Writing, Speaking sections of English. And there is no particular syllabus for this exam. It based on General English.

Exam Pattern:-
This exam consists of following sections
1)Listening - 30 minutes(4 sections, 40 items)
2)Reading - 60 minutes (3 sections, 40 items)
3)Writing - 60 minutes(2 tasks)
4)Speaking - 11-14 minutes
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?