28th December 2014, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

Detailed information and eligibility to study MS in USA for MCA student?

hello
presently i am studying mca.
i want ms in usa, can i do it?
please tell the all information
about study in usa.

29th December 2014, 06:31 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information and eligibility to study MS in USA for MCA student?

To pursue your MS course in US, you must have completed Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university. To get admission in US universities for pursuing your MS course, you must have to appear in GRE and IELTS or TOEFL examination. GRE score is the basic requirement that one need to have while applying for admission in US universities. TOEFL or IELTS is a standardised test which helps you to prove your English Language Proficiency in Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing sections. By scoring good marks in GRE and IELTS or TOEFL examination, you can easily get admission in US universities for pursuing your MS course.
29th December 2014, 10:50 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information and eligibility to study MS in USA for MCA student?

Yes, you can do masters in USA. To do masters in USA, you have to appear for GRE and IELTS exams. After the completion of these two exams, you should apply to universities by sending your Application form. Then the universities will review your academic profile and they will offer you admission, if your academic profile satisfies university admission requirements.

IELTS :-
This is an exam to test the ability of a person in Reading, Listening, Writing, Speaking sections of English. Each section will hold forty marks.
And the exam will be conducted for Two and half hours
1)Listening - 30 minutes
2)Writing - 60 minutes
3)Reading - 60 minutes
4)Speaking - 10 to 14 minutes
The exam score will be calculated for 10 bands. You should get at least 6.5 bands in IELTS to get admission in good university

GRE :-
This exam is used to assess the ability of a candidate in both Quantitative and Verbal Reasoning.It is conducted for 340 marks.

Exam Pattern:-
The GRE exam is conducted in three sections

Section I:-
1) Verbal Reasoning
i) Reading Comprehension
ii) Text Completion
iii) Sentence Equivalence

Section II:-
1) Quantitative Reasoning

Section III:-
1) Analytical Writing Assessment
i) Issue-Task essay
ii )Argument-Task essays
30th December 2014, 04:01 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can definitely pursue MS degree in USA. Since you are studying MCA so you have cleared the 16 years of education criteria. In order to study MS in USA,

- You need to appear and score good marks in entrance exams based on which US universities take admission - GRE and TOEFL.
- You need to apply online in the US universities as per the score.
- You need to make sure that you satisfy the eligibility criteria of the concerned institute you are applying.
- You need to prepare a good resume and strong statement of purpose.
- On getting selected, you need to apply for VISA.
21st September 2019, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

Can I do the phd in abroad in particular one subject like I have completed my mca ?
23rd September 2019, 02:43 PM
amberrain

Yes, you can surely apply for your masters in the USA.

For that first of all the fulfillment of Graduation is of utmost importance. Then afterward apply for IELTS/GRE exam, once you clear it, you can apply to any university/college you want in the US

If you are looking for throughout process, visit the top 10 immigration consultants in Chandigarh

10 Best immigration consultants in Jammu
5th December 2020, 04:23 PM
sunlandedu

Yes, you can study MS in the USA after your MCA. By fulfilling some requirements.

Following are the requirements.
1. Minimum 60% in your MCA.
2. Minimum 6.5 Bands in IELTS.
3. INR:- 11000 for the GRE exam.
4. 4500 INR Application cost per university.
5. 10Lakh-40lakh living cost.
6. 80,000 Airfare.
7. 15Lakh cost of living in the USA.

If you are looking for an immigration lawyer to file the application then we can help you out because we are the best immigration consultants in Chandigarh.
25th April 2022, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

Will I be eligible for MS in US after completing online MCA degree?
14th May 2022, 06:14 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility
A 3 to 4 year academic UG degree in relevant academic discipline.
One need not have bachelor's of science qualification to apply for MS programs.

Average GPA should be 3.0 .

One should provide proof of english language proficiency .

GRE score should be minimum of 290 or more.
One should also submit details of research project /internships to increase the chances of admission.
29th July 2022, 09:03 PM
globalacme

Global Acme Visa is one of the best study visa advisors in Chandigarh for students who want to study abroad. We help students reach their dream study destinations like the UK, Canada, Australia, the USA, and New Zealand. We specialize in various aspects of international education. We work with educational institutions, government, and non-governmental organizations. Our vast network and international tie-ups help students with a faster and smoother visa process. visit https://globalacme.in/study-visa-consultant-in-chandigarh/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?