2nd June 2016, 01:42 PM
vijaylakshmykv

Is the experience of a teaching faculty valid for an interview in an aided college?

I just needed a clarification on whether the experience of a person as a teacher is compulsory for his/ her appointment as Assistant Professor in an aided college and also is there any clause that teaching experience of that candidate cannot be counted for, if he or she has worked with a deemed University? I had this doubt because I have attended about 4 interviews to get appointed as Assistant Professor (in Commerce) in aided colleges in Kerala. But I later on came to know that since I have been working with a deemed University, my experience have not been considered by these colleges. I don't want to disclose the college names. I secured 2nd rank from M G University in M. Com in 2005. I cleared my UGC-NET with JRF in 2006. Due to certain personal problems I could not enroll as a JRF. But right now I am a part- time research scholar. I have worked 1 year (2007-2008) at the M G University Off campus centre. Since 2008 I am working with the Commerce and Management department of an esteemed deemed university. Now I have resigned from my service there to finish my Ph.D and to get into an aided college. Now the questions in front of me are 1. What validity will my experience certificate have if I appear for an interview in an aided college? 2. If the degree certificates of students that we taught here are valid for writing UGC-NET exams, PSC exams, Bank tests etc then why our teaching experience does not gain validity in an aided college? We don't want our experience to be considered while fixing the scale of pay or while calculating service for fixing pension. We want it to be considered at least during the selection process. I am just a representative of so many with similar experience. I just want a response of what UGC has to say in this connection so that if it is a positive response I can keep a copy of it while appearing for the next interview. Kindly look into this matter and do the needful. I am eagerly waiting for a response.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?