12th January 2015, 11:14 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare effectively for GRE and TOEFL exams?

Hi,

I wanna take TOEFL and GRE exams but I do not know how should I start?
I like to have self study but do not know how to start and make a effective plan?

Thanks,
Nader

Related Questions:
  1. Will it be okay to appear in GRE and TOEFL after dropping job? If I am doing so shall I have to show job experience?
  2. Eligibility criteria of TOEFL and GRE exams?
  3. How should I appear for GRE and TOEFL? I have completed B.E
  4. When to start the preparations for GMAT, GRE, TOEFL? How to prepare for these exams? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. What shall I do to MS from abroad in CS stream?
  6. Whether GRE and TOEFL are enough to study MBA in abroad? Procedure to apply, preparation tips and last date to apply for GRE and TOEFL?
  7. Which year we should take GRE and TOEFL exam while doing B.E to do MS later?
  8. In which entrance exam I have to appear for studying M.Tech in USA?
  9. Best colleges for MCA Abroad with scholarship? Information about GRE, TOEFL and IELTS?
  10. In which entrance exam should I appear between GRE and TOEFL to study MS?
  11. Minimum score in GRE and TOEFL to get into top universities? Materials available to prepare for these exams?
  12. What is mean by GRE and TOEFL? Number of attempts and selection process for M.S. in USA? How can I get scholarship through GRE and TOEFL?
  13. How to get into MIT(USA) after B.Tech? How to prepare for GRE and TOEFL?
  14. Where else can the GRE and TOEFL/IELTS score be useful other than for seeking admission in colleges Abroad?
  15. Is it a good choice for me of doing MS in Aerospace Engineering? Will there be any Entrance Exam to join this course?
  16. Eligibility to appear in GRE and TOEFL for a candidate secured 90%, 92% and 58% in 10th, 12th and B.Tech respectively?
  17. Detailed information about scholarship provided by universities in Abroad for MS? Preparation tips for GRE and TOEFL?
  18. Procedure to study M.S. in abroad? Is GRE and TOEFL necessary?
13th January 2015, 11:14 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare effectively for GRE and TOEFL exams?

It is nice to see that you are serious about your preparation for GRE and TOEFL exams. Both are tough exams and the competition level is quite high since applicants will be across the globe. Hence it is better if you take coaching from a good coaching center like TIME, Career Launcher, etc. since the pattern of these exams is different and appropriate study material is required. If you want to do self-study then you have to refer various books and have to find out the important portions yourself unlike coaching institutes where you will be given appropriate study materials. Apart from this, you can also give mock tests to know your position in comparison with other candidates. This will be of immense help and moreover, you can get guidance from the teachers in the coaching institutes. Since you want to do self study, so first of all, go through the syllabus and start from the scratch by studying all the topics mentioned in the syllabus. Be updated with newspapers and educational and business magazines. Solve previous years and sample papers of the exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?