26th May 2015, 12:52 AM
Unregistered

Required GRE and TOEFL score for higher studies in USA? Preparation tips and examination dates for the same? Best University in USA for Engineering course?

i am pursuing the 6th sem MCA after the june my degree programme will be over. then i want to go abroad to study master programme in usa. so give me ful detail about gre and tofel that how to prepare and when the examination will be held? and how much score require for gre and tofel? and which best university for engineering in usa? thank u

Related Questions:
  1. Percentage required in GRE and TOEFL to study MS in Economics in USA for B.Com student? Necessity of GRE and TOEFL?
  2. Details information, preparation, list of the coaching classes in Pune & Hyderabad examination date and minimum marks required to qualify in GRE and TOEFL? Best university for M.S. in USA?
  3. Minimum percentage that I should get to get in B.Tech to study MS in abroad?
  4. Admission for MS in CSE at MIT, USA is possible for Indian student through GRE and TOEFL? Required TOEFL score and BE pointer or SGPA?
  5. How to prepare and when the examination of GRE and TOEFL are held? Best university for engineering in USA?
  6. What can I do to take summer scholarship at Mechanical Production Department at European Country or at America?
  7. Should I have to appear in both GRE and TOEFL to study MS in USA? Perventage required in B.Tech to appear GRE?
  8. How to prepare for GRE and TOEFL for admission in MS programs in USA? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Am I eligible to do MS from top university of USA if I have 60% above throughout my studies?
  10. To pursue Ph.D program in USA is TOEFL and GRE score required? Which are the online coaching institutes for this course?
  11. Full details about GRE and TOEFL to study masters in USA?
  12. Marks required in GRE and TOEFL to get admission in top university of USA?
  13. What is mean by GRE and TOEFL? Number of attempts and selection process for M.S. in USA? How can I get scholarship through GRE and TOEFL?
  14. In which entrance exam I have to appear for studying in Germany after completing B.Tech(IT)?
  15. How much score is required in GRE and TOEFL to get admission for MS in electronics and telecommunication USA
  16. Details about GRE and TOEFL? Best institutes in Ahmedabad, Gujarat and rest of India? Which is the best university for engineering in USA?
  17. Is it possible to do MS in USA after scoring 1020 in GRE score and 86 TOEFL score?
  18. To do Ph.D in USA do I need to do GRE and TOEFL? What are the scholarships given?
26th May 2015, 12:10 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Required GRE and TOEFL score for higher studies in USA? Preparation tips and examination dates for the same? Best University in USA for Engineering course?

Yes, GRE and TOEFL/IELTS exam scores are important to apply for admission in universities of USA, because most of the universities in USA offers admissions by considering these exam scores of the applicants. If you have good English and Mathematical skills, you can prepare for these exams by yourself by getting some books, which are as follows.
1. Barron's GRE
2. GRE ETS official Guide
3. Manhattan 5lb
4. GRE Bible
5. TOEFL ETS official guide

Examination dates:-
GRE and TOEFL exams are conducted throughout the year, you can appear for these exams at any time, just by booking a slot through online.

For GRE Slot booking:-
https://mygre.ets.org/greweb/login/login.jsp

For TOEFL Slot booking:-
https://www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/register/

Best universities:-
Following are some of the top universities in USA, which are offering different types of courses.

Princeton University
Address: Princeton, NJ 08544, United States

Harvard University
Address: Cambridge, MA 02138, United States

Yale University
Address: New Haven, CT 06520, United States

Columbia University
Address: 116th St & Broadway, New York, NY 10027, United States

Stanford University
Address: 450 Serra Mall, Stanford, CA 94305, United States
26th May 2015, 02:38 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Required GRE and TOEFL score for higher studies in USA? Preparation tips and examination dates for the same? Best University in USA for Engineering course?

The examination is held throughout the year on various dates. You need to check with the official websites - GRE and TOEFL to fix your date of examination.

The required score in GRE and TOEFL for higher studies in USA are :-
- GRE : Usually above 250 but score 280 to be on a safer side.
- TOEFL : Usually above 70 but score above 80 to be on a safer side.

Preparation Tips :-
- It is better to join coaching institutes since the examination pattern and syllabus are different.
- Coaching institutes like Career Launcher and TIME have good reputation and produce bright results every year.
- Devote more time to effective study hours.
- Make sure you are well acquainted with the syllabus and examination pattern.
- You need to practice a lot and appear for the mock tests conducted by the coaching institutes.
- Try to be more conceptually sound rather than mugging up stuffs.
- Keep a revision time daily.
- Solve previous years and sample papers.
- Be calm, confident and try to deliver your best.

The best universities are MIT, Stanford, University of California, Havard and Princeton University.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?