22nd November 2014, 12:17 AM
Unregistered

Whether foreign colleges provide scholarship to study M.Sc(Genetics)?

hhello
i want to know if i can get any scholarships from foreign collges..i want to know good foreign colleges...i am ready to work hard but i am confused what to work on and what to work? kindly help...
also i want to know careers i can choose in msc. genetis other than teaching??

24th November 2014, 09:18 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether foreign colleges provide scholarship to study M.Sc(Genetics)?

Yes, foreign universities provide scholarship for higher studies to various overseas students. However, in order to avail such scholarship you need to do produce excellent performance in the field of academics or outstanding talent in some productive field. Some universities have tie-ups with Indian government as well as various Indian organization, so if you join such institutes, you can definitely get scholarships.

Some of the best foreign colleges for genetics are :-

Cold Spring Harbor Lab
MIT
Salk Institute for Biological Studies
European Molecular Biology Lab
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Centre
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute
Rockefeller University
Dana Farber Cancer Institute
Harvard University

You can go for research field after post graduation in Genetics and can also work in various botanical and pharmaceutical units.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?