Government Colleges for B. Arch
Bachelor of Architecture or B. Arch is a course offered at the under graduation level designed for fulfilling the education component of professional accreditation bodies. The field of architecture deals with structure, planning and design of a building and this vast field comprises of craft and technical aspects.
An architect is responsible for the supervision, designing and planning of construction works keeping in mind the utility, stability and beauty of a building structure and planning for the construction. With the increasing demand for architectural personnel in government as well as private sector, the Bachelor of Architecture course is offered in a number of colleges in India. However, the number of government colleges offering this course when compared to any other courses is lesser.
The list of government colleges offering this course in India is given below:
Government colleges offering B. Arch course:
• Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
• Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
• Government Engineering College, Trichur (School of Architecture)
• Government College of Architecture & Sculpture, Mamallapuram
• College of Engineering, Andhra Pradesh
• Dehradun Institute of Technology
• Government College of Architecture, Lucknow
• College of Engineering & Technology, Bhubaneswar
• National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli
• National Institute of Technology, Raipur
• School of Architecture & Planning, Department of Architecture, New Delhi
• Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur
Educational qualification required for joining B. Arch:
Bachelor of Architecture course extends to a period of five years and candidates who have completed their higher secondary examination with physics, mathematics and chemistry can apply for this course. Some of the colleges require that candidates must have obtained not less than 60% of marks in the qualifying examination and this percentage requirement differs from one Government College to another. In addition to this, candidates should also get through the entrance examination.
Entrance Examination for B. Arch:
The Central Board of Secondary Education conducts an entrance examination at All India level and this examination is known as AIEEE for selecting candidates to the B. Arch course in different government and private colleges. This test includes drawing test, aptitude test and mathematics test.
Another examination called as National Aptitude Test in Architecture or NATA is an online test meant for admission to the Bachelor of Architecture course and the National Institute of Advanced Studies and Architecture organize this examination in association with the Council of Architecture.
In the case of Indian Institute of Technology in Roorkee and Kharagpur, admission to the B. Arch course is on the basis of the marks secured by the students in the IIT JEE.
Higher Studies after B. Arch:
On successful completion of B. Arch course, candidates can opt for Master of Architecture course, which is normally of two to three semester duration. In the M. Arch programme, candidates can take up any of the following specializations:
• Building Engineering & Management
• Landscape Designing
• Naval Architecture
• Interior Design
• Town planning
• Construction Management
Career prospects after B. Arch:
B. Arch course offers a wide range of employment opportunities in different government and private organizations in the sectors of construction, interior designing, urban planning, public works departments, urban development corporations, etc…
- Fee structure of M. Arch
- Career after M.Arch
- Best Colleges for doing B.Arch
- Difference between B.Arch in Interior Design and B.Des in Interior Design
- Colleges Offering B.Arch in South India
- Career after B. Arch
- Salaries after B.Arch
- AIEEE B. Arch Papers
- Difference between B.Arch and B.Planning
- Fee structure of B. Arch (Bachelor of Architecture)
- Government jobs after B.Arch
- Salaries after M. Arch
- Procedure to become an Architect after 12th
- Kamla Raheja Vidyanidhi Institute of Architecture and Environmental Studies, Mumbai
- Career Avenues after B.Arch