Lady Constable - Kolkata Police Recruitment Board
Kolkata Police Recruitment Board is responsible for selection of appropriate candidates for vacancies arising in the Kolkata Police, which in turn is responsible for maintaining law and order in the city of Kolkata and its suburbs.
Recruitment by Kolkata Police Recruitment Board:
Kolkata Police Recruitment Board has called for applications from eligible Indian candidates for the position of constable (women) and here are the details regarding the notification issued by the board in this respect:
Name of the Vacancy: Lady Constable
Number of Vacancies: 50
These 50 posts, includes reservation for ST/ST/OBC/EXS and home guards, which will be done according to the rules of Government of West Bengal
Scale of pay: Candidates will be coming under the pay scale of Rs.5400-25200 (PB-2) +2600 as Grade Pay and other admissible allowances and prospect for future promotion according to rule.
Education and experience: The minimum educational qualification to apply for the position of constable is Madhyamik examination from the WBBSE or equivalent board.
Age: Minimum age limit is 18 years and maximum age limit is 27 years as on the 1st of January 2012. For OBC candidates, upper age relaxation of three years is applicable, while for SC/ST candidates, upper age relaxation of five years is applicable.
• Minimum height – 160 cms
• Minimum weight – proportionate to height and weight according to medical standards
Relaxation of 8 cms in height is applicable to ST, Rajbansis, Garwalis and Gorkhas.
Mode of Selection:
In the process of selection, first comes is the physical measurement test, where in candidates with required height and weight will be considered physical efficiency test, which is 400 mts running to be completed within 2 minutes. Only candidates getting through the PMT and PET will be called for written test and candidates getting through the written test will be considered for interview.
Candidates will have to pay a non-refundable examination fee of Rs.150 through postal order or DD drawn in favor of the Kolkata Police Recruitment Board payable at Kolkata. However, SC/ST candidates are exempted from payment of examination fee.
How to apply:
Application in prescribed format as given in http://www.kolkatapolice.gov.in/ should be printed in A4 size paper and should be duly filled in by the candidates. Duly filled in application along with other documents as given in notification page at http://www.kolkatapolice.gov.in/forms/const2012notice.pdf should be sent only through ordinary post to the address given below before the 12th of February 2012:
Application for the post of Lady Constable,
The Member Secretary
Kolkata Police Recruitment Board
Post Box No. 151
G.P.O, Kolkata – 700001
Last date to apply: 12th of February 2012
For further details regarding the notification issued by Kolkata Police Recruitment Board for the position of Lady Constable, visit http://www.kolkatapolice.gov.in/forms/const2012notice.pdf
- Constable - Kolkata Police Recruitment Board
- Recruitment details for Kolkata Police Constable
- Assistant Sub Inspector, Head Constable, Delhi Police
- Constable, Rajasthan Police
- Police Constable - How to become a Police Constable?
- Pay scale for Head Constable in Government Jobs
- Details of Constable Recruitment in Kolkata Police
- Police Constable, Chandigarh Police
- Assistant Wireless Operator/Tele-Printer Operator (Head Constable), Delhi Police
- Constable (Male/Female), Punjab Police
- Constable - Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment and Promotion Board
- Head Constable, Indo Tibetan Border Police Force
- Sub Inspector, Assistant Sub Inspector, Central Reserve Police Force
- Constable Band Staff, Chandigarh Police
- Head Constable-Lab Assistant, Junior X-Ray Assistant, etc… - Central Reserve Police Force