Lecturer, Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission was established in the year 1937 with its headquarter located at Allahabad. The first ever public service commission was set up in the year 1926. The commission has two examination centres in Allahabad and Lucknow. The commission performs all its works under Uttara Pradesh Public Service Commission Regulation, 1976. Shri. B. B. Singh is the Secretary of the Commission. The commission is consist of a Chairman and eight other members. All the appointments in the commission are made by the Governor of Uttar Pradesh.
Public Service Commission, Uttar Pradesh invites online applications from eligible Indian Nationals for filling up the vacant faculty positions of Lecturers in the Department of Higher Education in various disciplines. The posts are available in the disciplines of Economics, Chemistry, History, Maths, English, Ancient History, Home Science, Zoology, Political Science, Botany, Psychology, Philosophy, Geography, Physics, Agriculture, Drawing, Commerce, Education, Sociology, Defence Studies or Military Science, Sanskrit, Computer Science, Physical Education, Hindi, Urdu, Statistics, B.Ed. and Micro Biology.
The minimum age limit set for the posts of Lecturer is 21 years as on the last date for the reciept of application.
The maximum age limit set for the posts of Lecturer is 40 years as on the last date for the reciept of application.
Candidates falling under the reserved categories i.e. Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribes/ Other Backward Class etc, will get relaxation of few years in the upper age limit as per the rules and regulations of Government of India.
For the post of Lecturer (B.Ed.): Candidates are required to possess a good academic record with minimum 55% marks in the M.Ed. degree or equivalent from a recgnized institute. A post Graduate degree in any school subject is also necessary alongwith the passing certificate of NET or SLET of Uttar Pradesh.
For the post of Lecturer (Physical Education): Candidates are required to possess a good academic record with minimum 55% marks in three years course of Physical Education. Candidates should have represented university or degree college in Inter University or equivalent. Candidates must also possess a certificate of Physical Fitness.
For all the other posts of Lecturer: A good academic record with minimum 55% marks or equivalent grade at Master’s degree in the relevant subject from a recognized university or equivalent. Candidates should also have cleared NET in the relevant subject.
No. of posts: Total 267 posts are available.
(Economics-11, Chemistry-17, History-13, Maths-14, English-17, Ancient History-3, Home Science-5, Zoology-14, Political Science-19, Botany-16, Psychology-3, Philosophy-8, Geography-8, Physics-14, Agriculture-4, Drawing-1, Commerce-21, Education-1, Sociology-14, Defence Studies or Military Science-4, Sanskrit-15, Computer Science-1, Physical Education-3, Hindi-25, Urdu-2, Statistics-3, B.Ed.-9 and Micro Biology-1).
Pay Scale: Candidates will be given the prescribed amount of salary i.e. Rs. 15600-39100 with a Grade Pay of Rs. 6000.
How to apply: Applications should be made online only. Applications sent through any other mode will not be entertained. Candidates can apply online only at the official website of Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission.
Public Service Commission, Uttar Pradesh,
10, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, Allahabad - 211018.
Last date for Online application: 10 May 2012
For more information visit http://uppsc.up.nic.in
- Lecturers, Working Superintendent, U.P. Public Service Commission
- Fire Service, Deputy Director, Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission
- Medical Officer (Homeopathy), Deputy Sports Officer, Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission
- Junior Engineers - Public Service Commission, Uttar Pradesh (UP)
- Assistant Coach, Technical Assistant, Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission
- Unani Medical Officer - Public Service Commission, Uttar Pradesh (UP)
- Lecturer, Reader, Public Service Commission, Uttar Pradesh
- Lecturer, Rajasthan Public Service Commission
- Lecturer, Reader - Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission
- Government Jobs in Public Service Commission
- Additional Private Secretary, Uttar Pardesh Public Service Commission
- Medical Officers, Tax Superintendent, Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission
- Assistant Prosecution Officer Pre. Examination 2011- Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission
- Conservation Assistant, Lecturer, Public Service Commission, Uttar Pradesh
- Engineer, Research Assistant, U.P. Public Service Commission