Pay scale for Technician Apprentice in Government Jobs
A Technician Apprentice is a staff of an organization, who is a member of an official training program. The educational qualification requirements for the position of Technician Apprentice differ according to the department for which they are appointed. Technical Apprentices are normally paid in the form of stipend and they are not paid on the government pay scale basis. They are paid on per month basis not less than Rs.1800 per month.
Recent job notification with stipend amount:
The names of government organizations that recently recruited candidates for the position of Technical Apprentice along with the stipend offered by these organizations are given below:
• Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre – Stipend of Rs.3000 per month
• Neyveli Lignite Corporation – Stipend of Rs.2530 per month
• National Fertilizers Limited – Stipend of Rs.1850 per month
• Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre, ISRO
Normally, candidates are appointed for the position of Technician Apprentice for a period of one or two years and their appointment might be confirmed based on their performance during the period of Apprenticeship.
Technician Apprentice are generally offered with classroom training for a specific number of hours. The number of hours in which they are offered training differs from one organization to another.
Technical Apprentices are offered with on-the-job training in addition to classroom training. They are hired as apprentices and they work with a senior person of an organization, who has already completed the apprenticeship program from the organization. Like classroom training, candidates should also spend some hours on-the-job training.
As mentioned earlier, the educational qualification requirement for technician apprentice position differs on the basis of the department for which they are appointed. Normally, engineering diploma holders are appointed for the position of Technician apprentice. Candidates with diploma in the following disciplines of engineering can find employment opportunities in the position of Technician Apprentice:
• Civil Engineering
• Computer Science Engineering
• Chemical Engineering
• Electronics Engineering
• Electrical Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering
These qualifications should have been obtained by the candidates from an institution approved by the All India Council for Technical Education.
Age requirement and selection procedure:
Candidates between the age group of 18 and 35 years of age are appointed for the position of technical apprentice. Selection of candidates is made based on the merit secured by the candidates in the qualifying examination.
Scope of Technician Apprenticeship position:
With the help of this position, candidates can learn more and they can develop their knowledge with the help of on-the-job and classroom training.
- Graduate Apprentice, Technician Apprentice - National Fertilizers Limited
- Apprentice Development Officers, LIC
- UPSC, Special Class Railway Apprentice Exam, General Ability Papers
- Apprentice Engineer/ Executive/ Junior Engineer - H.P Power Transmission Corporation Limited
- UPSC, Special Class Railway Apprentice Exam, Physical Sciences Papers
- Technician Apprentice - Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC)
- Difference between a Technician and a Technologist
- UPSC, Special Class Railway Apprentice Exam, Mathematics Papers
- Government Jobs in Steel sector
- Technician Apprentice - Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre (LPSC), ISRO
- Apprentice Engineer, Apprentice Executive, Himachal Pradesh Power Transmission Corporation Limited
- Technician ‘B’, Technician ‘D’, Indian Space Research Organisation
- Staff Nurse/Junior Lab Technician, GMCH
- Graduate Engineer Apprentice, Construction Engineer, Bridge & Roof Company Limited
- Staff Nurse, Medical Record Officer, Employees’ State Insurance Corporation