RECPDCL Merit Scholarship 2013-14
RECPDCL Merit Scholarship is awarded to selected students studying in 2nd year of B.E. or B.Tech course. 125 meritorious students will be awarded the scholarship. Selection is based on the marks in the first year of engineering. The selected students will be awarded Rs. 24000 for the year. They will receive Rs. 2000 every month. The last date to fill the online application form is 25th November and the last date to submit the same is 2nd December.
Who can apply?
- Students currently pursuing 2nd Year B.Tech/ B.E course
- Students who have secured admission directly to the second year of engineering after completing diploma in engineering are not eligible to apply.
- The students should be pursuing a full time course. Students pursuing part time course or AMIE are not eligible to apply.
- The college should be either Government Engineering college, IIT or NIT.
- The students should have cleared all the papers of first year in the first attempt. The minimum marks required to apply is 65%. For SC/ST category, OBC, Girls and NCL the minimum marks required is 60% and for physically challenged and physically handicapped candidates the minimum marks required is 50%.
- The age of the students applying as on 1st October 2013 should be between 18 years and 25 years. There is 3 years relaxation in this criterion for OBC students, 5 years for SC/ST students and 10 years for Physically Challenged and Physically Handicapped students.
- The students applying should not be recipient of any other scholarship. If he/she is willing to forego the other scholarship only then should they apply for this scholarship.
Only students whose state of domicile is from any of the states mentioned below can apply
- Andhra Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Jammu &Kashmir
- Madhya Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
Only marks in the first year of engineering are considered whilst selecting the awardees.
Upto 35% of the 125 scholarships is reserved. 10% each is reserved for SC and OBC students. 5% is reserved for ST, girls and physically challenged students.
Certificates to be submitted
Along with the application form the students must attach the following documents
- Original certificate signed by the principal of the institute where they are studying
- Attested copy of the 1st year engineering mark sheet
- Attested copy of proof of date of birth
- Proof of belonging to SC/ ST, OBC–NCL, PH/PC
- State of Domicile Certificate
- Original Income Certificate issued by the competent Revenue authority
How to apply?
Registration for the scholarship programme can be done online. After registering online students need to take a printout of the filled application form. The students will need to affix their recent photograph and send the documents to RECPDCL Scholarship Cell, HR Division, REC Power Distribution Company Limited, 1016 – 1023, 10th Floor, Devika Tower, Nehru Place, New Delhi – 110019. The last date to apply online is 25th November 2013 and the last date for the hard copy to reach the scholarship cell is 2nd December 2013.
- Essential Details of Sophia Merit Scholarship
- NU Scholar Search Programme
- Scholarship Details in BJB Junior College
- L’Oréal India Scholarship for Women Students in Science 2013
- Scholarship Details in IIT, Guwahati
- Scholarship in Alliance College of Engineering and Design
- B.Sc Nautical Technology in TMI—Fee details and Scholarships
- Sophia Merit Scholarship
- Scholarships at St. John’s National Academy of Health Sciences
- B.Tech Scholarships in Vidya Academy
- Scholarships offered in ACEM
- Felix Scholarship – Essential Details
- Scholarships in Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ahmedabad
- Scholarship Details in Mangalam College of Engineering
- Narotam Sekhsaria Engineering Scholarship Programme