Tamil Nadu Professional Courses Entrance Exam 2012
On behalf of the Government of Tamil Nadu, Anna University conducts an admission test, for candidates those who wish to do professional courses in various fields, along with aid from a few other institutes. Known as the TNPCEE, the candidates attending the exam are ranked on the basis of their scores in the exam and that of their Higher Secondary exam. Qualified candidates of the TNPCEE can enroll into different professional courses in the technical, Medical and science streams. The aspirants can take the examination in the interested field and the medical aspirants can take the TNPCEE Medical examination.
Structure of TNPCEE Medical
The TNPCEE Medical includes 2 papers which are:
- Physical Sciences (Physics and Chemistry)
All papers will have only MCQs (Questions with multiple answer choices). For pursuing Medical courses, the candidates need only attend the first two papers and each will be of 50 marks. Ranking would be based on marks giving more emphasis and priority for the Higher Secondary scores compared to the TNPCEE scores.
Syllabus for TNPCEE Medical
Higher Secondary level syllabus will be followed for the TNPCEE for the subjects Physics & Chemistry (Paper 1) and Biology (Paper 2) but the questions will be a bit tougher in the TNPCEE.
The syllabus for each subject is given below:
- Measurement and Units
- Wave Motion
- Alternating Current Circuits
- Harmonic Motion
- Modern Physics
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Magnetic Field
- Chemical Equilibrium and Ionic Equilibrium
- Chemical Kinetics
- Nuclear Chemistry
- Properties and Reactions of Alkanes
- Alkenes and Alkynes
- Transition Elements (3d Series)
- Ores and Minerals
- Non-Metals and Compounds
- Hybridization of Carbon
- Sigma and Pi-Bonds
- Human evolution
- Concept of Biodiversity
- Evolution of Human
- Chromosomes and Cell Division
- Plant Kingdom
- Cardiac cycle
- Blood pressure
- Respiratory system
- The eligibility condition for applying and attending the TNPCEE for Medical courses (MBBS / BDS / B.Pharm / BSMS / BHMS / BPT / B.Sc Nursing/ B.Sc (Agriculture)/B.Sc (Forestry) / B.V.Sc / B.F.Sc) are given below:
- Candidates should be qualifiers of Higher Secondary exam 60% in Biology or Botany and Zoology taken together and 60% in Physics and Chemistry taken together and aggregate of 140/200 in all the above subjects taken together.
- Candidates appearing in the HSC or qualifying examination in the year of TNPCEE are also eligible.
- Relaxations are there of percentage of marks for backward class candidates.
- For certain courses under TNPCEE, the candidates of other States cannot apply.
- Certain residential requirements put forward for the TNPCEE by the Government of Tamil Nadu should also be satisfied by applicants.
How to Apply?
The application forms and particulars will be available from
- The Registrar, Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar – 608002
There is an alternative in which the candidates are required to send a demand draft from any bank in favor of the person and the address mentioned above and payable at Chennai and a self addressed Thick Kraft envelope of 30 cm x 24 cm size with an affixation of a Rs 30/- stamp. The name of the desired programme of the candidate should be given on the envelope in bold block letters. It should be the same in the demand draft and the request letter as well to receive the application kit by post. Forms will be issued only in working days. The form for MBBS/BDS courses costs Rs 1000/-.
How to fill the Form?
Great care and accuracy should be there when the form is being filled. Parental guidance is strongly recommended. If doubts arise or if the candidates require assistance, refer the prospectus for guidelines. Handle the form safely. Submit all particulars and the form at the earliest.
Important Dates (Tentative)
Please be attentive for news regarding the TNPCEE exam related dates.
Issue of Application kit – By the end of first week of April, 2012
Last Date for issue and receipt of Application forms – 2nd week of June, 2012
TNPCEE date of test – 2nd week of May, 2012
List of TNPCEE Medical centers
Locations of exam centers:
Contact Address for the TNPCEE Medical
- The Secretary, Tamil Nadu TNPCEE Admissions, Anna University, Chennai – 600 025.
- Web: www.annauniv.edu
Colleges Accepting the TNPCEE Medical score
- Aadhi Bhagawan College of Pharmacy
- Adhiparasakthi College of Pharmacy
- Adhiparasakthi Dental College & Hospital
- Annai Velankanni’s College of Pharmacy
- Arulmigu Kalasalingam College of Pharmacy
- Best Dental Science College
- C.L. Baid Metha College of Pharmacy
- Chengalpattu Medical College
- Cherraan’s College of Pharmacy
- Chettinad Dental College & Research Institute
- College of Pharmacy Sri Ramakrishna Institute of Paramedical Sciences
- CSI College of Dental Sciences & Research
- D.D. Medical College and Hospital
- Edayathangudy G.S. Pillay College of Pharmacy
- Government Mohan Kumaramangalam Medical College
- J.K.K. Munirajahh Medical Research Foundation College of Pharmacy
- J.K.K. Nataraja Dental College
- Jaya College of Pharmacy & Paramedical Sciences
- K K College of Pharmacy
- K.M. College of Pharmacy
- K.S.R. Institute of Dental Science and Research
- Kamalakshi Pandurangan College of Pharmacy
- Karpaga Vinayaga Institute of Dental Sciences
- Kilpauk Medical College
- KMCH College of Pharmacy
- KRS Pallavan College of Pharmacy
- Maharaja College of Pharmacy
- Maharaji College of Pharmacy
- Mohamed Sathak A.J. College of Pharmacy
- Nandha College of Pharmacy
- Padmavathi College of Pharmacy
- Periyar College of Pharmaceutical Sciences for Girls
- PSG College of Nursing
- PSG College of Pharmacy
- Ragas Dental College & Hospital
- Rajah Muthiah Dental College & Hospital
- Rajah Muthiah Medical College
- Rajas Dental College & Hospital
- Sankaralingam Bhuvaneswari College of Pharmacy
- Sree Balaji Dental College & Hospital
- Sri Mookambika Institute of Dental Sciences
- Sri Muthukumaran Medical College
- Tagore Medical College and Hospital
- Vivekananda College of Nursing
- Vivekananda Dental College for Women
Reference Books for TNPCEE Medical
- SC Verma’s books for Medical Entrance exam
- NCERT- Physics: Part 1 and Part 2
- NCERT- Mathematics: Part 1 and Part 2
- NCERT- Chemistry: Part 1 and part 2
- NCERT- Biology: Part 1 and part 2
- MTG BHU Explorer Screening and Mains 18 years Solved Papers by Dr. Sandeep Ahlawat
- MTG (Biology Today) CBSE PMT (Subscription)
- Higher Secondary Physics- Part 1 and Part 2
- Higher Secondary Mathematics- Part 1 and Part 2
- Higher Secondary Chemistry- Part 1 and Part 2
- Higher Secondary Biology- Part 1 and part 2
- Dinesh Uttaranchal Common Pre Medical Entrance Test Biology by K.N. Bhatia
- Chapter Wise Solutions of RAJASTHAN PMT Pre-Medical Test
- BHU Medical Entrance Exam Solved Papers
- Arihant BHU Entrance Examination solved Papers by Panel of Experts
- BHU Medical Entrance Solved Papers by Editorial Board
Coaching Centers for TNPCEE Medical
- Aakash Institute
- Brilliant Tutorials Pvt. Ltd.
- Career Launcher
- Career Forum
- Prof P.C. Thomas Classes
- Darshana Academy
- Excellent Institute
Making study plans requires a certain amount of calculations that should give the candidates all the time they need to cover all topics for the exam. Those who have comparatively lower marks in the Higher Secondary exam need to put in a lot of effort and hard work to achieve victory and a professional course admission. Use model question papers and coaching institutes wisely. Refer a lot of important books.
How and Where To Get the Results?
Results will be updated here - www.annauniv.edu
The TNPCEE score validity will expire after a year.
- Tamil Nadu Open University B.C.A First Year Question Papers
- Tamil Nadu Board Matriculation Examination Tamil (Paper I) Papers
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Tamil (Paper II) Papers
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Tamil (Paper I) Papers
- Tamil Nadu Board Matriculation Examination Tamil (Paper II) Papers
- Tamil Nadu Open University B.Com First Year Question Paper
- Tamil Nadu Open University B.Com Second Year Question Papers
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Mathematics Papers
- Tamil Nadu Board Higher Secondary Chemistry Papers
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Science Papers
- Tamil Nadu Open University MA Sociology Second Year Question Papers
- Tamil Nadu Open University MA Sociology First Year Question Papers
- Tamil Nadu Board Higher Secondary Biology Papers
- Tamil Nadu SSLC English (Paper I) Papers
- Tamil Nadu Class 12th Chemistry Papers