B.Sc (Hons) In Anthropology
The Bachelors’ degree in Honors in Anthropology is offered by a few important colleges and universities in India. The admission to this course will entail a three year course study of cultural anthropology, physical anthropology and biological anthropology. Anthropology as a field os science will be discussed and researched in depth.
A candidate aspiring to do this course will have to undergo a common entrance test in the form of a written exam. The candidate also needs to show keen interest in the field and should produce a clear statement of purpose. The candidate also needs to have successfully cleared higher secondary exam with a minimum 65%
The course in Anthropology is a three year programme with six semesters. During the course of three years, the students will have a number of field visits in which enable him to deal with important aspects in anthropology like participant and non participant observation, research methodology. The student will also be asked to conduct his own research and data analysis for purposes of the project due at the end of each semester.
Job prospects look very attractive for those with a Bachelors’ in Anthropology. Most of the students aspire for a Masters’ in the same either in India or in universities abroad. Some students also work as research assistants. A number of colleges have affiliations with universities abroad.
Best Places to pursue
• Vivekananda College
• A.P.C. College
• Prabhat Kumar College
• Rajasthan Vidyapeeth University
- Anthropologist, How to become an Anthropologist?
- Under Graduate Courses in Delhi University
- Anthropology Courses and Colleges in India
- NET Anthropology (Paper II) Papers
- NET Anthropology (Paper III) Papers
- List of Courses in Vidyasagar University
- Hansraj College, Delhi
- BITSAT 2008 Cutoffs
- Delhi University - B.Sc.(H) Anthropology - First Year Papers
- Career As Anthropologist
- Amity Institute of Anthropology, Noida
- List of Postgraduate Courses in Anthropology
- List of Anthropology Entrance Exams
- Amity University, Noida
- Delhi University - B.Sc. (H) Anthropology - Third Year Papers