List of Postgraduate Courses in Anthropology
Anthropology is the study of humanity. Anthropology has its roots in science, social science and humanities. It can be divided into biological or physical anthropology, social or cultural anthropology, linguistic anthropology, applied anthropology and archeology.
The various post graduation courses in Anthropology are:
- MA/MSc Anthropology- There are many universities across the country that offers M Sc/MA in anthropology. Some of the top universities that offer this course are University of Delhi, Jadavpur University, University of Kolkata, University of Hyderabad, University of Mumbai, University of Pune, etc.
- MA Sociology- Sociology is a branch of social science that deals with the study of the society. Sociology and social anthropology are co related. Madras University, Bangalore University, Calicut University, etc are some universities that offer this course.
- MA/MSc Museology- The study of museums is known as Museology. Most universities the offer this course have their own museums and labs. Some of the universities that offer this course are The National Museum Institute of History of Arts and Conservation and Museology New Delhi, Aligarh Muslim University, University of Kolkata, etc.
- MA/MSc Physical and Social Anthropology- This deals with the study of biological or physical anthropology and social or cultural anthropology. Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University Chhattisgarh offers this course.
- MA/MSc Biological Anthropology- Biological Anthropology is the study of the development of the human species. It is also known as physical anthropology. Sambalpur University and University of Mysore offer this course.
- MA Archeology- Archeology is the branch of anthropology that studies the human societies of the past. University of Calcutta offers this course. PRS University offers a post graduate course in Ancient Indian history, culture and archeology.
- MA/MSc Archival Studies & Manuscriptology- This is the study of storage, cataloguing and retrieval of documents and other items. Aligarh Muslim University offers a pg in this course. There are other universities like Annamalai University, Osmania University, Pondicherry University, etc that offer pg diplomas for this course.
There are many universities abroad that offer many courses related to anthropology. Durham University in UK offers Post Graduation in Culture and Difference, Socio-cultural Anthropology, Research Methods, Development Anthropology, Evolutionary Anthropology and Medical Anthropology. University of Wales offer PG in Anthrozoology.
On completion of the course the candidates can go in for research, teaching or working for museum. In the research area the candidates could be employed in the Planning Commission, Archeological Survey of India. Also international organisation like UNESCO, UNICEF has requirements. Even organisations like WHO, ICMR require anthropologists. The crime detection section in the Police department also has requirements. They can also go for research for social causes, public health, government planning, education, international development.
- List of Anthropology Entrance Exams
- Difference between Anthropology and History
- Anthropologist, How to become an Anthropologist?
- NET Anthropology (Paper II) Papers
- NET Anthropology (Paper III) Papers
- Difference between Anthropology and Sociology
- B.Sc (Hons) In Anthropology
- Delhi University - B.Sc.(H) Anthropology - First Year Papers
- Career As Anthropologist
- Delhi University - B.Sc. (H) Anthropology - Third Year Papers
- Bachelor of Anthropology
- Delhi University - B.Sc.(H) Anthropology - Second Year Papers
- Indian Statistical Institute JRF in Biological Anthropology Papers
- Admission procedure to NPG College
- Jobs after M.Sc in Anthropology