Details on B.Tech Lateral Entry Admissions in Kerala, 2013
Diploma holders, having obtained the qualification from any of the recognized institutes (under State board of Technical Education) can seek admission to B.Tech in Kerala through lateral entry. Selection is done through a written test that comprises questions on civil engineering, electrical engineering and mathematics. At least 15% marks in entrance exam are required to attend the further allotment process conducted by Director of Technical Education. Applications for attending the test can be submitted online through the website of directorate of technical education, Kerala before 25th May, 2013.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech Lateral Entry Admissions
In order to apply for B.Tech Lateral Entry course admission, candidates need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria –
- It is essential to pass a diploma course in engineering from any recognized institute under State board of Technical Education or equivalent.
- Final year diploma candidates are also in a position to submit applications provided they need to submit provisional documents at the time of admission.
Selection Procedure for B.Tech Lateral Entry Admissions
As part of the selection procedure for B.Tech lateral entry admissions, it is compulsory for candidates to attend a written examination organized by the Joint Controller of Technical Examinations, Kaimanam, Thiruvananthapuram. The entrance examination will be typically an objective type entrance test which needs to be finished within a time frame of 2 hours. The entrance examination comprise a total of 120 questions from specific chosen engineering subjects such as –
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Engineering Mechanics
- IT and Computer Science
- Mechanical Engineering
The entrance exam also consists of questions from English language subjects.
Selection procedure for B.Tech lateral entry depends on the score obtained in the entrance examination. It is compulsory to achieve at least 15% marks in the entrance exam to qualify. Such students can participate in the allotment process conducted by Director of Technical Education.
Application Procedure for B.Tech Lateral Entry Admissions
An online application submission format is possible for B.Tech lateral entry admission. Before starting the application procedure it is essential to remit the required application fees of Rs 750/- for general candidates. For SC/ST candidates the application fees is Rs 375/-. Application fees can be submitted to “Shakthi Account” on behalf of Joint Controller of Technical Examination. It is possible to pay the application fees from any of the branches of State Bank of Travancore (SBT). Candidates need to fill in the online application forms by logging in to the official site of directorate of technical education, Kerala. Filled in applications combined with other specific documents and challan form should be sent to The Joint Controller of Technical Examinations, Kaimanam, Thiruvananthapuram- 695040 via registered post or personally within the last date specified.
- B.Tech in Chemical Engineering Lateral Entry Admissions in Kerala University
- B.Tech Information Technology Engineering Lateral Entry Admissions in Kerala University
- B.Tech Electrical Lateral Entry Admissions in Kerala University
- B.Tech Civil Engineering Lateral Entry Admissions in Karunya University
- B.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering in Lateral Entry Admissions in Calicut University
- B.Tech Electrical Lateral Entry Admission in Mumbai University
- B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering Lateral Entry Admissions in Kerala University
- Application Forms for various B.Tech lateral entry entrance exams
- M.Sc. (IT) Lateral Entry Admissions in Annamalai University
- Polymer Engineering Lateral Entry Admissions in Kerala University
- B.Tech in Biotechnology lateral entry admissions in Markandeshwar University, Mullana
- B.Tech in Biotechnology Lateral Entry Admissions in Amity University
- B.Tech Electronics and Communication Lateral Entry Admissions in Kerala University
- B.Tech Mechanical Lateral Entry Admissions in Kerala University
- B.Tech Mechanical Lateral Entry Admission in Mumbai University