1st July 2015, 01:35 AM
Unregistered

What is the admission procedure followed for getting Engineering course after completion of Diploma course?

What is the general procedure for admission in engg for diploma students..
i have heard that we get direct admission for 2nd year is it true????and also that there is no entrance exam...waiting fr ur esger reply..i m doing my final year diploma in comp...

Related Questions:
  1. What is the admission procedure followed for getting Engineering course after completion of Diploma course? -- [New]
  2. How to get admission for Mechanical Engineering in US or UK or Australia after completion of Diploma in Mechanical? Best universities offering this course in these countries? Duration and Fee structure for this course?
  3. Competitive exams details after 10th and the scope of Commerce?
  4. Procedure to get admission in IIT Bombay after Diploma engineering? Score required in final semester?
  5. Can I get admission in B.Tech/B.E. after 2 years diploma course? How can I get admission in Diploma engineering after CBSE class X board exams?
  6. What is the procedure to follow to get admission for degree course after completion of diploma course?
  7. Am I eligible to get admission for B.Arch after completion of Diploma in Civil Engineering? Required Procedure for this?
  8. Procedure to get admission for Marine Engineering after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  9. What is the procedure to be followed for doing diploma or any electrical engineering course after completion of ITI course?
  10. Procedure of admission in B.arch after Diploma in Architect Assistantship?
  11. Procedure to get admission in AMIE after completion of Diploma in Civil Engineering?
  12. Procedure to study B.Tech in USA for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering student?
  13. What is the procedure to apply for RTO Sub Inspector exam after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  14. How to get admission for Mechanical Engineering in US or UK or Australia after completion of Mechanical Diploma? Best universities in these countries for Graduation? Procedure to get admission in these universities? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. How may I get information about the admission procedure for taking admission in B.Tech course with civil engineering stream after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
  16. How may i get admission through lateral entry in DTU after completion of my electrical engineering diploma?
  17. What is the procedure to join Indian navy after completion of diploma in Civil engineering?
  18. Procedure and eligibility to study B.Tech(Electrical Engineering) for ECE Diploma student? Percentage required in Diploma to get admission?
1st July 2015, 02:27 AM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the admission procedure followed for getting Engineering course after completion of Diploma course?

Yes it is true that you will get admission in 2nd year of engineering after completion of your diploma but you have to give LEET entrance Test for that.

LEET stands for Lateral Entry Engineering Test. This exam is conducted for those Diploma holder candidates who want to do b.tech course. This is a entrance exam. Rank score by you in entrance exam will directly affect your admission in good college.

LEET is consist of two parts :-

General Exam - In this exam they will ask questions related to subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English etc.

Professional Exam - In this exam they will ask questions related to your trade in diploma.

Also remember you are allowed to choose only those trade in b.tech in which you completed your diploma.
1st July 2015, 07:45 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the admission procedure followed for getting Engineering course after completion of Diploma course?

Yes, you can get direct admission in second year of four years B.Tech course after completion of your three years Diploma course. But, to get admission in B.Tech course after completion of your three years Diploma course, you need to appear in Lateral Entry examinations like LEET/ECET/JELET examinations which is conducted by your respective state entrance examinations board. By qualifying the entrance examination, based upon your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you can get admission in second year of four years B.Tech course.
1st July 2015, 12:30 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

To get admission in Engineering course, you should appear for the Lateral entry exam, which is conducted in state. Lateral entry exam is conducted for diploma holders, to provide direct admission in second year of Engineering course. If you qualify in such exam, then you will get direct admission in 2nd year of Engineering course in any college, depending upon your rank in entrance exam.
1st July 2015, 01:18 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

You have heard exactly that you will got admission in the second year of your bachelor degree after completing your diploma course. After completing your diploma the course duration of bachelor degree reduced to three years which is otherwise of four years.

But you heard a wrong information that there is no entrance exam for that.

There is an entrance exam under the name LEET also called lateral entry entrance test.

You simply have to appear in the LEET exam after completing your diploma and my suggestion to you is that you should try to score as much as you can.

I am saying this due to the fact that the reputation of college you will get depends on your rank in the LEET entrance exam.

As you are pursuing your diploma in the computer science, so my suggestion to you is that you should choose the same branch in your bachelor course. I am saying this due to the fact that the same branch helps you a lot in your bachelor course.
1st July 2015, 07:33 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Polytechnic course will allow seat to engineering second year.
You need to approach to the college which provide the polytechnic course and continue to engineering second year directly.

For this,you need to crack polytechnic entrance exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?