29th July 2015, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply in NIT college after completion of diploma course?

Am I eligible to apply in NIT college after completion of diploma course? What would be the minimum eligibility criteria they will look for? Can you please provide me the information on this as soon as possible to me? It would be helpful to me.

29th July 2015, 07:33 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply in NIT college after completion of diploma course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to apply in NIT college after completion of diploma course? What would be the minimum eligibility criteria they will look for? Can you please provide me the information on this as soon as possible to me? It would be helpful to me.
After completion of diploma course you are eligible for B.Tech/B.E degree in NIT college through lateral entry exam.

Eligibility criteria for the Lateral Entry exam:-

(i)Passed diploma course in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy with above 60% marks.

(ii)Passed Degree in Science (B.Sc.) with Mathematics as a subject with above 60% marks.

(iii)Your age should be above 17 years.
29th July 2015, 07:48 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply in NIT college after completion of diploma course?

NITs don't have any lateral entry procedure for diploma holders and you will not get admission in 2nd year directly. Hence, you have to appear for some other lateral entry exam for admission in other colleges.

There are many colleges in India other that NITs which offer admission through lateral entry and you have to appear for that being a diploma holder.
29th July 2015, 11:32 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for NIT after completion of your Diploma course. Only candidates who have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board and those who have appeared, qualified and secured good rank in JEE Main examination are eligible to get admission in NIT. Since, you have not pursued 12th standard, being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to get admission in NIT.
30th July 2015, 09:26 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

You can not get lateral entry in NIT college after completion of diploma course. Since diploma course is not considered equivalent to 12th there is no way to seek admission in NIT.

Apart from IIT and NIT, most colleges in India offer lateral entry for diploma students.

The admission is based on LEET exam.

For admission in NIT, you must appear JEE mians and Advanced exam.
30th July 2015, 03:07 PM
ganiebizer
Senior Member+

* No it is not possible for the diploma
students to do their b.tech in NIT.
* To secure seat in b.tech one should participate in JEE- mains exam .
JEE- Joint Entrance Exam.
* The syllabus of JEE based on 2 level .
* As you are a diploma student the topics of 2 level are not covered .
* So it is impossible for the diploma students to crack jee.
* The qualification of JEE:-
a) completion of 2 level with aggregate (65%).
b) only 3 times is the limit for everyone .
30th July 2015, 05:24 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for NIT college after completion of diploma course.
To get admission in NIT you have to pass JEE Main exam and diploma holders are not eligible to apply for this exam.

Eligibility Criteria :

Candidate must have complete his/her 12th class with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with 55% marks from any recognised board.
31st July 2015, 10:48 PM
pointer01

Only you can take in B.Tech through lateral entry . In NIT there is no any procedure of Lateral Entry.

You can take admission in NIT for B.Tech by passing class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Maths as the main subjects.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?