29th February 2016, 03:00 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do B.Tech in IIT being a Diploma Mechanical student?

Hello,
I want to study B.Tech in IIT. But right now I am doing Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering. Kindly let me know am I eligible for doing B.Tech in IIT?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for IIT JEE after passing Metallurgy Diploma?
  2. What is the procedure of IIT for mechanical diploma student?
  3. Am I eligible to get admission in IIT for doing engineering after diploma?
  4. Procedure to study in IIT for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
  5. Am I eligible for IIT JEE Exam after completing diploma in Mechanical engineering in 4 years?
  6. Am I eligible to try IIT and other exams after completion of diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  7. How can I get admission in IIT Delhi after completing my diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  8. Process of getting IIT being diploma student?
  9. Can diploma student get admission in IIT colleges? Which exams need to be appear and the percentage necessary in diploma?
  10. Am I eligible for IIT JEE after completing my diploma in Mechanical Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. In which entrance exam I have to appear to study B.Tech(ME) in IIT being a Diploma student? Procedure to apply?
  12. Admission procedure to study B.Tech in IIT for Diploma student?
  13. Eligibility to get admission in B.Tech(Marine Engineering) for Diploma student?
  14. Am I eligible to apply for IIT after completion of diploma course?
  15. Am I eligible to get admission in IIT or NIT after completion of diploma in mechanical branch?
  16. Is it possible to get admission in IIT after completing 3 years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course?
  17. Is there any possibility to get admission into IIT after doing diploma in mechanical
  18. Percentage required for open cast to take admission in IIT after Diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [New]
29th February 2016, 08:21 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do B.Tech in IIT being a Diploma Mechanical student?

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in IIT for pursuing B.Tech course after completion of your three years Diploma course. Candidates who have completed three years Diploma in Engineering course or 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board and those who have appeared, qualified and secured top rank in JEE Main and Advance examination are eligible to get admission in IIT.
29th February 2016, 08:53 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do B.Tech in IIT being a Diploma Mechanical student?

IITs don't offer lateral entry admission for diploma holders. Therefore, you will not be eligible for admission in IITs due to no procedure for diploma holders.

You need to look for admission in other colleges through lateral entry exams like LEET or JELET which is mostly conducted on state level.
29th February 2016, 11:05 PM
monikasiri

No,you are not eligible to get admission in IIT being a diploma holder.Any lateral entry examination is conducted for Diploma students by IIT's to get admission in second year of Engineering.

The only way to get admission in IIT is to study +2 and then appear for JEE examination.But still,you can get seat in many universities or private colleges of good reputation.
29th February 2016, 11:36 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Diploma holders are not eligible for Joint Entrance Examination Advanced stage which is conducted for admission of candidates in Bachelor of Technology in different Indian Institute of Technology located in different stages of India.

You can apply only for JEE Main examination and you should have at least 60% marks in diploma to apply for Main exam and depending upon your rank in JEE Main, you can take admission in NITs, IIITs or government engineering college.
29th February 2016, 11:39 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

For admission in IIT, a candidate must have completed 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and scored 50% or more. Then candidates need to apply for JEE Main exam and Advanced stage.

Diploma holders are not eligible for JEE Advanced exam. So, you can not take admission in IIT.
29th February 2016, 11:43 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to get admission in B.tech course in IIT. IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology admission is on basis of JEE examination.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed 10+2 from any recognised board.

Candidate must have PCM/PCB as main paper.

So, you cannot appear for examination and hence, not eligible to get admission in IIT. But you can pursue B.tech through Lateral entry.
29th February 2016, 11:45 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Candidates who have done diploma in any stream are not eligible for admission in any stream of engineering in Indian Institute of Technology. Diploma candidates are eligible for admission in NITs, IIITs or any other government engineering colleges through JEE Main exam but even if they clear JEE main exam, they are not eligible for advanced exam.

So, you can not take admission in IIT.
29th February 2016, 11:54 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Criteria for getting admission in IIT:

1. 10+2 passed or appearing from a recognized board.

2. PCM subjects must be there in 10+2.

3. Minimum of 50% marks in 10+2.

4. You must qualify JEE Main and Advanced.

Diploma candidates can not apply for JEE Advanced exam. You can not get admission in IIT. You must apply for JEE Main or LEET exam.
1st March 2016, 12:07 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

No you are not eligible to apply for IIT being a Diploma student. Since only the students who have completed 10+2 pattern only eligible that to with maths back ground. Recently the admission process is being done with entrance score in various exams.

>> JEE Main's

>> JEE Advanced

>> BITSAT etc.,

Through this scores you will get admission in IIT's but you have been studying diploma so you can go in a technical ground.
1st March 2016, 12:49 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, you are not eligible to get admission in IIT. As candidates passed diploma degree are not eligible to appear for JEE examination.

It is necessary to appear and qualify in JEE examination for admission in IIT. You have another option as LEET examination to get admission in B.tech course through Lateral entry in 2nd year of course.

So, you need to prepare for examination to qualify in it.
1st March 2016, 01:00 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, diploma candidates are not eligible to appear for JEE examination.

So, you are not eligible to appear for entrance examination. It is necessary to qualify in JEE examination to get admission in it.
1st March 2016, 06:13 AM
Jitu369

No, there is no place for diploma holder in IIT.

JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) is the entrance exam to get admitted in IIT. But only candidate who have pursued 12th with PCM subjects can appear for JEE. 12th is not equivalent to diploma & IIT doesn't offers lateral entry admissions.

So, any diploma holder can never get admission in IIT for B.Tech.
2nd March 2016, 08:19 AM
Psycho888
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjan Ayush View Post
Criteria for getting admission in IIT:

1. 10+2 passed or appearing from a recognized board.

2. PCM subjects must be there in 10+2.

3. Minimum of 50% marks in 10+2.

4. You must qualify JEE Main and Advanced.

Diploma candidates can not apply for JEE Advanced exam. You can not get admission in IIT. You must apply for JEE Main or LEET exam.
In this post, he says that candidate must apply for JEE Mains.

But sorry, the answer is wrong.
Diploma holders can not appear for JEE Mains.

They can only appear for LEET.
16th November 2019, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

Lateral entry cut off in mechanical engineering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?