18th February 2018, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do PGDCA after completing my 3 year diploma?

Sir, Can I do PGDCA after completing my 3-year diploma in computer science. Am not a fresher. Actually, I completed my diploma. Is this course is helpful for me? Now am trying for a government job. So please help me out with the details soon.

25th February 2018, 11:20 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do PGDCA after completing my 3 year diploma?

Eligibility Criteria Required to apply for pursuing PGDCA course:

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you are not eligible to pursue PGDCA course. Basically there is a certain educational qualification required to be eligible.

>> You must have completed Graduation or Post Graduation with minimum 10+2+4 pattern from a recognized university.

>> You must have done "Mathematics" as one of the main subjects in order to be eligible.

>> Candidates who are pursuing their final year of Graduation or Post graduation are also eligible.

>> As you are doing 3 year diploma course which is not at all equivalent to Graduation, I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible as far as my best knowledge is concerned.

Some of the colleges offering this PGDCA course are,
* Jamia Millia Islamia University
* Madras Christian College
* National Institute of Management, Mumbai
* Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda..etc.,
25th February 2018, 11:23 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

PGDCA stands for Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications and to pursue this course, you should have completed your bachelor's degree with good marks from a recognized college/university. The duration of the course ranges from 1 to 2 years and the admission depends upon the marks secured in the entrance examination conducted by the respective colleges. So, just a diploma qualification won't help you to pursue PGDCA course, you must be a graduate to apply for the same.
25th February 2018, 01:52 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

PGDCA Course eligibilty:

The qualification of the course is graduation, many universities also require a good percentage in the graduation. Many universities offer this course in 2 semesters and the maximum duration of PGDCA course will arrange up to 2 years from a minimum of 1 year duration.
As you are saying that you have completed your diploma so yet you are not eligible for this course. After completing your graduation you will be eligible.
25th February 2018, 04:48 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, Can I do PGDCA after completing my 3-year diploma in computer science. Am not a fresher. Actually, I completed my diploma. Is this course is helpful for me? Now am trying for a government job. So please help me out with the details soon.

Sorry, you are not eligible to do PGDCA course after completion of 3 year diploma. The minimum eligibility to study the PGDCA is a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Candidates are admitted to the course based on marks scored in the qualifying examinations. Duration of the course is one year. The PGDCA course is available in the following colleges/universities:

University of Madras - Official Website

Annamalai University - Official Website

Veeriya Vandayar Memorial Sri Pushpam College - Official Website
25th February 2018, 04:57 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

No, just after passing your diploma course you are not eligible to pursue PGDCA course because as per the qualification, a candidate must have minimum qualification of graduation in any discipline in order to pursue PGDCA course.
So, you have to complete your graduation.
25th February 2018, 05:55 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria for PGDCA:-

You should have completed graduation from a recognised University.

You should have secured minimum 50% marks in graduation.

You should have Mathematics in 12th exam for being eligible.

Candidates who are preparing for final year degree examination are also eligible.

You should have age of 20 years.

PGDCA Entrance Exams:-

PGDCA Entrance Exam by Delhi University

PGDCA Entrance Exam by Manipal University

PGDCA Entrance Exam by Sikkim University.
25th February 2018, 06:45 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for PGDCA:-

Educational Qualification:-

You should have completed graduation from a recognised University.

You should be Indian.

55% marks in the master degree.

50% marks required for the SC / ST.

There is no limit on attempts.

There is 3 years relaxation for OBC and 5 years for SC / ST.

There is no upper age limit for lectureship.
25th February 2018, 10:05 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Sorry, to inform you that you are not eligible to apply for PGDCA (Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application) course after having diploma in computer three year diploma course because to apply for PGDCA course minimum qualification required to apply is bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification from government recognized institute with minimum 50% marks obtained. So to apply for PGDCA course you must have to complete bachelors degree and then you are eligible to apply for PG diploma course in computer application.
  • Duration of PGDCA course is 1 year which are divided into 2 semesters.
27th August 2019, 05:40 PM
Unregistered

I have completed diploma and b.A now i want to pgdca and after pgdca i will do mca can i eligible for it.
29th October 2020, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

what i can do pgdca after 3 year diploma in information technology
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?