22nd February 2016, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

Basic criteria to get admission in Polytechnic college?

I have completed my tenth and twelvth. I got admission in nit but after spending 8 year in college i did not complete my course. And now i want to take admission in polytechnic college for diploma course. Kindly tell me about the basic criteria for admission in the course?

Related Questions:
  1. Which institute is best for Diploma (Mechanical Engineering) in Coimbatore?
  2. Which are the colleges to pursue AICTE approved diploma in mechanical engineering distance course
  3. In which universities can I do IT diploma? I am interested in learning electrical and diploma course
  4. What can I do to do diploma in civil engineering? I wish to join Indian Navy
  5. Is Postal Recruitment going to be held in AP or any state?
  6. Qualification required to study Electrical Engineering Diploma course?
  7. Would I be able to get admission in Polytechnic college?
  8. Should I discontinue Higher Secondary and opt for Diploma course if got admission in Pusa Polytechnic College?
  9. Information about 6 months Diploma in Hotel Administration course?
  10. How to get admission in Alkabir Polytechnic College, Jamshedpur? -- [New]
  11. What's the eligibility criteria for the post of lecturer in Government Polytechnic college? What's the applying procedure? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Detailed information and colleges which offers Diploma in Mass Communication in Maharashtra? Whether a polytechnic student is eligible to apply? Date of admission?
  13. Diploma correspondence courses in Mechanical Engineering in Universities of Tamilnadu?
  14. Which diploma course is suitable for me if completed ITI(Electrical)? How can I apply for it?
  15. Which are the top 10 diploma colleges in India? I have completed my 10th class
  16. What is the eligibility criteria of engineering admissions in SGSITS Indore after polytechnic?
  17. How can I get admission to study Diploma in Information Technology in any Polytechnic College of Mumbai?
  18. Which college I can do diploma Computer Science in Jaipur, Rajasthan?
22nd February 2016, 07:25 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Basic criteria to get admission in Polytechnic college?

The basic criteria required to get admission in Polytechnic course is that you must have passed 10th standard in all subjects with minimum aggregate of 40% marks from a recognised board. You can take direct admission in Diploma course through Management quota or if you want to get admission in Diploma course through Convenor quota, you must have to appear and qualify the Diploma entrance examination conducted by your respective state entrance examinations board. By qualifying the entrance examination, based upon your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you can get admission in first year of three years Diploma course.
22nd February 2016, 08:04 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For polytechnic admission you have to appear for entrance exam which is usually conducted on state level and you just need to perform in entrance exam which only requires 10th pass candidates.

You have spend 8 years in NIT for your engineering degree but couldn't complete which would have given a lot of experience regarding the engineering studies. May be you can complete diploma which is a lower qualification than B.Tech degree. Just make sure you fulfill the age criteria before applying for any polytechnic entrance exam.
22nd February 2016, 09:26 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my tenth and twelvth. I got admission in nit but after spending 8 year in college i did not complete my course. And now i want to take admission in polytechnic college for diploma course. Kindly tell me about the basic criteria for admission in the course?
Those candidates who have passed matriculation/10th with Mathematics, Physical Science & English from Central or State Board recognized by Govt are eligible for diploma entrance exam.

Your age should be below 21 years.
22nd February 2016, 09:47 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

The basic qualification required for doing diploma course is matriculation from any recognized board. Also you will get direct admission in 2nd year of diploma if you go fot it after completion of your 12th standard.
As you have completed your 12th standard so you simply have to apply for the Lateral Entry Entrance Test.
You have to clear the exam with good marks for getting admission in any good polytechnic college.
Also you have to submit your 12th mark sheet, passport size photographs, a migration certificate, residence proof and duly attested admission form.
If you want to avoid entrance test then you can apply for the seats reserved under management quota. But for these seats you may have to pay donation.
28th February 2016, 10:23 PM
monikasiri

You have 2 options to get admission into Diploma.You can take your Tenth Standard as educational qualification and write the entrance examination conducted by the State Board of Technical Education and Training.By writing this exam,you can get into first year of Diploma in your desired stream.

You can also keep your +2 as educational qualification as educational qualification and get into second year of Diploma.For this,you should write the lateral entry examination conducted by the State Board of Technical Education.This exam will be conducted for ITI students and also for Intermediate students of vocational course.
14th January 2017, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

I am matriculation in jharkhand academic open board can i admission in polytechnic college approved by AICTC?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?