12th April 2016, 03:17 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear in JEE Advanced to study in IIT being an IT Diploma student?

Respected Sir,
I am pursuing Diploma in IT. Can I appear JEE Advance for getting admission in IIT? Kindly let me know about this as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I appear in JEE Advanced to study in IIT being an IT Diploma student? -- [New]
  2. Can I get admission in IIT to study B.Tech after completing 12th NIOS?
  3. Detailed information and procedure to apply for JEE Advanced for Diploma student? What are the subjects in JEE Advanced for Diploma student?
  4. Cutoff rank required in JEE Advanced to study B.Tech(Electrical Engineering) in IIT-Kharagpur?
  5. How can a diploma student appear for IIT JEE exam?
  6. Is it worth to study NIOS Science for further studies in IIT through JEE Advanced?
  7. How can I prepare to qualify in JEE Advanced in 1st attempt through self preparation?
  8. Eligibility to appear in JEE Advanced for 11th student?
  9. From where can I buy the admission forms for IIT JEE? I am a diploma final year student
  10. Can I get admission to study B.Tech in IIT if secured 9051 AIR in JEE Advanced?
  11. Can I appear in JEE Main & Advanced after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  12. Can I get admission to study B.Arch in IIT if didn't qualify in JEE Advanced but scored 121 marks in NATA? Which campuses of IIT offered B.Arch course?
  13. Eligibility to appear in JEE Advanced for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering student?
  14. Is FIIT JEE Classaroom Study Package enough for JEE Advanced 2015?
  15. Cutoff rank required in JEE Advanced to study B.Tech in IIT through Education Loan? List of Bank offering Education Loan?
  16. Cutoff marks required in JEE Advanced to study Mechanical Engineering in IIT?
  17. How to get admission in IIT after passing diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Percentage required in 12th CBSE to appear in JEE Advanced?

13th April 2016, 08:36 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in JEE Advanced to study in IIT being an IT Diploma student?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination being a Diploma holder. To be eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination, you must have passed three years Diploma in Engineering course or 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board and must have passed, appeared and secured top 1,50,000 rank in JEE Main examination.

13th April 2016, 11:23 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in JEE Advanced to study in IIT being an IT Diploma student?

To appear in JEE Advanced examination, first you must have to appear and qualify JEE Main examination.

To be eligible to appear in JEE Main examination, you must have passed two Intermediate course with Non-Medical Science stream from a recognized board.

So, being a IT Diploma holder, you will not be allowed to appear in JEE Advanced examination and you are not eligible to get admission in IIT.

15th April 2016, 12:38 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say you that you cannot appear JEE Advanced being a Diploma student.
To appear for the JEE advanced examination, you first need to qualify the JEE MAin entrance examination, then only you can proceed for the JEE Advanced examination.

16th April 2016, 12:12 AM
Jitu369

There is no space for diploma holder in IIT.

Only 10+2 passed students with PCM can eligible for JEE exam. This one leaves out diploma candidate from eligibility criteria.

So, you can not join IIT after diploma.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?