28th February 2017, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

Can I do diploma in Pharmacy after completion of 10th standard? What is the scope in future?

Can I do diploma in Pharmacy after completion of 10th standard? What is the scope in future? I am planning to apply for the course now but then I want to understand if it's really good or not. Can you please guide me with the details on this? Thank you!

1st March 2017, 02:56 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do diploma in Pharmacy after completion of 10th standard? What is the scope in future?

No, you are not eligible to pursue Diploma in Pharmacy after completing 10th standard. For that you should complete your 12th standard or equivalent with physics, chemistry, biology/mathematics as your subjects from a recognized board. With this eligibility you have to appear for an entrance examination which will decide your admission.

After completing the course you will get numerous job opportunities with good salary structures in different sectors. Here are some employment areas where you can work:

> Pharmaceutical companies

> Drug control Administration

> Research Agencies

> Chemist Shops

> Hospitals

> Health care units

> Food and Drug Administration

> Sales and Marketing departments etc.
1st March 2017, 05:00 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do diploma in Pharmacy after completion of 10th standard? What is the scope in future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I do diploma in Pharmacy after completion of 10th standard? What is the scope in future? I am planning to apply for the course now but then I want to understand if it's really good or not. Can you please guide me with the details on this? Thank you!

Sorry, you are not eligible to do Diploma in Pharmacy after completion of 10th standard. The minimum eligibility to study the course is a pass in Higher Secondary Examinations or 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Mathematics subjects or any other qualification approved by Pharmacy Council of India. Candidates will be admitted to the Diploma in Pharmacy course on the basis of their performance in the qualifying examinations. The scope for the Diploma in Pharmacy holders is good. The candidates can open a medical store. They can also practice as pharmacist (after registration with Pharmacy Council of India). The candidates can also work in various pharmaceutical companies as technical supervisor, medical transcriptionist, chemist, pharmacist, medical representatives, scientific officer etc.
1st March 2017, 05:14 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

You cannot join pharmacy after completion of 10th standard.

The candidate should have passed the 12th from a recognised board are eligible to Pharmacy.

Scope in pharmacy after 12th:-

Pharmacist

Drug Inspector

Drug Squad in Police Department

Technician in College

Medical Underwriter

CRO

Data Validation

Associate.
1st March 2017, 09:10 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

No, you need to have class 12th with PCB or PCM stream to become eligible for D.Pharma admission through entrance exam. Class 10th is not the required qualification for such courses.

Diploma in pharmacy is a 2 years duration course and admission will be on the basis of performance in the entrance exam.
1st March 2017, 10:15 PM
AshitaBanerjee

No, you cannot as you are not eligible.You should have at least 10+2 or equivalent exam with science background. You need to secure good marks in 12th to take admission.
2nd March 2017, 02:02 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to pursue Diploma in Pharmacy course:

There is a certain eligibility criteria that is required in order to pursue this Diploma in Pharmacy course.

The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for doing this Diploma in Pharmacy course is "12th Class" in 10+2 pattern from a recognized university. You must have studied 12th Class with the following mentioned subjects.

>> Chemistry

>> Physics

>> Mathematics or Biology

As you are just done with 10th Class, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to pursue this Diploma in Pharmacy course. Yes, there are good number of job opportunities after completion of this course. You may find employment opportunities in Marketing Industries, Quality control departments, Financial companies, Pharmaceutical organizations etc., as Supervisor, Production Executive, Transcriptionist, Quality Analyst and Pharmacist etc.
2nd March 2017, 06:44 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot do Diploma in Pharmacy after the completion of class 10th.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th from a recognised Board with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Diploma course in Pharmacy.

There are lot of scopes in the respective field. After the completion of the said course in this field, candidates may indulge themselves in the following fields:-

R&D
Production and Manufacturing
Analysis and Testing
Marketing
Hospitals etc.
2nd March 2017, 07:12 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, 10th standard candidates are not eligible for Diploma in Pharmacy course.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with PCM from a recognized board are eligible for diploma in Pharmacy.

Your age should be above 18 years.

Scope for D.Pharmacy candidates:-

Technical Supervisor
Pharmacist
Medical Transcriptionist
Quality Analyst
Scientific Officer
Production Executive
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?