9th March 2018, 02:52 AM
Unregistered

Can I get Lateral Entry in B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) if pursuing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Sir, I am studying in 2nd year of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. I want to join B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering). I am studying Diploma in a regular mode so I am eligible to get lateral entry in B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Which branch I can choose to do degree after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  2. What should I do next after completion of diploma in automobile?
  3. Can I get Lateral Entry in B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) if pursuing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? -- [New]
  4. Can I get Lateral Entry in B.Arch if pursuing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  5. Eligibility for entrance exam for admission into lateral entry for graduation after diploma in Mechanical engineering from PUSA polytechnic?
  6. Am I eligible to get Lateral entry in AMIE for pursuing Mining Engineering after completing Diploma in Mining Engineering?
  7. Possibility to get Lateral Entry in NIT for Diploma Mechanical student?
  8. Eligibility for the post of Junior Engineer in Railways after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering through lateral entry in 2nd year?
  9. What to do next after completion of ITI trade from a government institute?
  10. When should I apply for Diploma in Mechanical engineering course through lateral entry? Should I go for lateral entry or apply for 1st year?
  11. Universities offering lateral entry in North India? I am pursuing mechanical engineering
  12. Exam details for admission of lateral entry after 1st year of diploma?
  13. Which B.Tech degree course should i do after Diploma in Mechanical and being a girl?
  14. List of colleges offering direct lateral entry scheme into 2nd year of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
  15. Am I eligible to do B.E Mechanical engineering after completion of diploma in electronics?
  16. Career after diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  17. Is there any central lateral entry test for diploma engineering students?
  18. Possibilities of doing Architecture Engineering after Diploma in Mechanical field?
15th April 2018, 06:42 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get Lateral Entry in B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) if pursuing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Yes, you are eligible to get lateral entry admission in B.Tech (Aeronautical Engineering) course after completion of your Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course. Candidates who have passed 12th standard with PCM stream or three years Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering or related stream from a recognised board/ institute are eligible to pursue B.Tech (Aeronautical Engineering) course. You have to appear in lateral entry examinations like LEET, ECET, JELET, etc., which is conducted by your respective state board of technical education for getting lateral entry admission in B.Tech (Aeronautical Engineering) course.
17th April 2018, 07:12 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get Lateral Entry in B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) if pursuing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am studying in 2nd year of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. I want to join B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering). I am studying Diploma in a regular mode so I am eligible to get lateral entry in B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) or not?

Yes, you are eligible to study BTech Aeronautical Engineering after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering through lateral entry. You have to appear for an entrance examination to get admission to study BTech Aeronautical Engineering. If selected, you will be admitted directly to the second year of the BTech course. Some of the colleges offering BTech Aeronautical Engineering for diploma mechanical engineering students are given below:

Manipal Institute of Technology - Official Website

Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies - Official Website

School of Aeronautics - Official Website

Excel Engineering College - Official Website

Jain University School of Engineering and Technology - Official Website

MLR Institute of Technology - Official Website
17th April 2018, 09:56 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot get lateral entry admission in B.Tech (Aeronautical Engineering) after the completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering as the stream you are opting is changed.
Candidates those who have completed Diploma course in Aeronautical Engineering from a recognized University with a minimum of 45% of marks in it are eligible to get lateral entry admission to study B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?