25th February 2018, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

Can I study B.Tech(Information Technology) after completing Diploma in Computer Science Engineering?

Hello friends, I am a student of Computer Science Engineering Diploma, studying in 3rd or final year. I want to change my stream in B.Tech. I want to go for Information Technology in B.Tech. Can I do this?

5th March 2018, 10:30 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study B.Tech(Information Technology) after completing Diploma in Computer Science Engineering?

Yes, you can study B.Tech Information Technology course after completion of your Diploma in Computer Science Engineering course. Candidates who have passed 12th standard with PCM stream or three years Diploma in IT/ CSE stream from a recognised board are eligible to pursue B.Tech Computer Science Engineering course. Being a Diploma holder in Information Technology, you are eligible to get direct admission in second year of B.Tech Computer Science Engineering course through lateral entry admission process.
5th March 2018, 10:56 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study B.Tech(Information Technology) after completing Diploma in Computer Science Engineering?

I am happy to tell you that definitely you can opt for B.Tech in Information Technology after the completion of diploma in Computer Science.
Candidates those who have completed their Diploma in Computer Science from a recognized University scoring a minimum of 45% of marks in it are definitely eligible to opt for the B.Tech in Information Technology through lateral entry process.
6th March 2018, 03:19 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello friends, I am a student of Computer Science Engineering Diploma, studying in 3rd or final year. I want to change my stream in B.Tech. I want to go for Information Technology in B.Tech. Can I do this?

Yes, you can study BTech (Information Technology) after completion of Diploma in Computer Science Engineering. You should have passed the diploma in computer science with at least 50% marks and have to appear for an entrance examination for the admission to the BTech Information Technology course. You are admitted to the second year of the BTech course through lateral entry mode. Duration of the course is three years. Candidates after completion of the BTech Information Technology course can work in various IT companies. The BTech Information Technology course is available in various colleges in India.
7th March 2018, 09:20 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Basically there is a certain educational qualification required to pursue B.Tech in Information Technology course. The basic qualification required is as follows,

>> You must have completed Diploma course in concerned stream from a recognized board/ university.

>> As you are done with Diploma in Computer Science Engineering, I can strongly say that you may pursue B.Tech in Information Technology course.

>> As Information Technology is a sub stream of Computer Science Engineering, you are eligible to pursue this course as far as my best knowledge is concerned.

>> Besides all these, you are required to appear in lateral entry examination to be eligible for getting admission into Bachelor's Degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?