24th August 2017, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

Does Diploma through lateral entry consider as full time three years Diploma?

Sir, I have joined Diploma in Mechanical through lateral entry after ITI Fitter trade. Will I be eligible to apply for government jobs in which they ask for three year full time Diploma course?

25th August 2017, 08:37 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does Diploma through lateral entry consider as full time three years Diploma?

If you have completed it from an AICTE approved institute by attending regular classes, then surely it will be considered full time. Lateral entry is not an issue and it is equivalent to a 3 years normal diploma.

There is no need to worry about your lateral entry admission, if you have completed the course from a recognized institute.
25th August 2017, 11:10 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does Diploma through lateral entry consider as full time three years Diploma?

Yes, definitely lateral entry admission to Diploma course is regarded as the full time Diploma course, there is no problem in it.
You can definitely apply for any of the Government jobs which require Diploma course after the completion of your Diploma course through lateral entry process.
For any of the Government job, the requirement will be of Diploma completion from a recognized University. So, complete your Diploma course with good academic record to be eligible for Government jobs.
26th August 2017, 12:37 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I have joined Diploma in Mechanical through lateral entry after ITI Fitter trade. Will I be eligible to apply for government jobs in which they ask for three year full time Diploma course?

Yes, diploma through lateral entry is considered equal to three year diploma course. Candidates who have passed 10th standard are eligible to join the three years diploma course and duration of the course is three years. Admission to the lateral entry diploma is done after 10+2 or 10+ITI qualifications and the duration of the lateral entry diploma is two years only. The lateral entry diploma holders have already studied two years in 10+2 or ITI, they are exempted to study the first year of the diploma course. Therefore, two year lateral entry is equivalent to regular three year diploma course, for further studies and jobs.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?