10th October 2015, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear in BITSAT for CSE Diploma student?

Sir,
I am Ritesh and I have a question for the further study program. I am pursuing Diploma in CSE and I want admission in BITs Pilani for B.Tech course. So, I can get BITSAT or not?

15th October 2015, 08:12 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in BITSAT for CSE Diploma student?

No, you cannot get admission in BITS Pilani being a Diploma holder. To get admission in BITS Pilani, you must have to appear in BITSAT examination. To be eligible to appear in BITSAT examination, you must have passed 12th standard examination with an aggregate of 75% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board. Since, you have not pursued 12th standard, being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to appear in BITSAT examination.
16th October 2015, 12:53 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I am Ritesh and I have a question for the further study program. I am pursuing Diploma in CSE and I want admission in BITs Pilani for B.Tech course. So, I can get BITSAT or not?
BITSAT - Birla Institute of Technology and Science Aptitude Test

To write the BITSAT exam there are eligibility criteria's which you need to follow:

# Candidate should have passed +2 or equivalent from a recognized school board with physics, chemistry and mathematics as subject.

# Candidate should have attained a minimum of 75% in aggregate in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry in +2 or equivalent.

# Candidates who have attained 1st ranks in their respective state or central board examinations will be given direct admission irrespective of their BITSAT Score.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for BITSAT.
26th November 2015, 01:58 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

You are not eligible for BITSAT because only 12th passed/appearing students can apply for BITSAT.

If you want to do B.Tech, then first complete your diploma course and then take admission in B.Tech through lateral entry (you will get direct admission in 2nd year).
But there are very institutes which allow lateral entry.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?