6th January 2016, 10:48 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for IPS exam being a diploma holder?

I am diploma candidate, can I attempt IPS exam. Can someone please give me the complete information on the same? Awaiting for the answer soon!

Related Questions:
  1. What is the eligibility for IPS officer?
  2. Am I eligible of IPS exam after completion of diploma?
  3. How to apply for RTO if am I a diploma holder in Mechanical? Syllabus of the exam and the eligibility criteria? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How to apply for RTO Exam being a Diploma holder in Mechanical Engineering? Syllabus and Required Eligibility criteria for this Exam?
  5. Criteria for diploma holders to be eligible for BE? Is there a separate entrance test for diploma holders?
  6. Companies in Punjab recruiting Diploma holder in ECE?
  7. Diploma holder can appear for SSC CGL? What is the eligibility criteria?
  8. What is the eligibility for IPS examination. Can I apply for IPS after completion of diploma degree?
  9. What are the government jobs available for diploma holder in electrical?
  10. Eligibility to apply in RTO exam for Diploma Mechanical Engineer?
  11. Diploma holder in CSE can do B.Arch?
  12. Does a Diploma holder have chance to get job in Chandigarh? Which company in Punjab recruits such Diploma holder?
  13. Eligibility for IPS exam after Diploma in Computer science? If not eligible then what else is required for eligibility? Is B.tech possible and it's duration?
  14. What is the eligibility criteria for IPS entrance exam? What is the date of sale of forms?
  15. What is the eligibility criteria asked for giving IPS exam? How to prepare for the IPS exam?
  16. Three years Diploma holder in Hotel Management & Catering is eligible to be an IAS or IPS Officer?
  17. Diploma engineering course for ITI holder having 10 years professional experience?
  18. Age limit for a Diploma holder?
8th January 2016, 11:28 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for IPS exam being a diploma holder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am diploma candidate, can I attempt IPS exam. Can someone please give me the complete information on the same? Awaiting for the answer soon!
Diploma holder candidates are not eligible for IPS exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Number of Attempts:-

For open category:- 7 attempts
For OBC category:- 9 attempts
For SC/ST category:- No limit
9th January 2016, 07:47 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

No, diploma holders are not eligible for IPS exam which is also known as civil services exam conducted by UPSC. You need graduation in any discipline to become eligible for this exam.

Also, make sure that your age is between 21 to 32 years. There is age relaxation available for candidates who belong to reserved category.
9th January 2016, 11:22 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sorry, the diploma holder is not eligible for IPS examinations. The candidate has to complete his graduation to appear for IPS examination. The eligibility is a graduation from a recognised university. The upper age limit is 32 years for general candidate, for OBC 35 years and for SC/ST 37 years. The IPS examination is conducted by the UPSC. There are Preliminary Exam, Main Exam and Interview for the selection. The aspirant should complete first the preliminary examination. The UPSC website link is http://www.upsc.gov.in/
11th February 2017, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

Can i apply ips after completing one year degree course in part time? I have already completed diploma
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?