6th January 2015, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study B.Tech in IIT for Diploma in CSE student?

hello sir
can you please tell me about can
i have eligeble for IIT B.Tech
after diploma in c.s.e completing?
please let me know asap

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to study B.Tech in IIT for Diploma in CSE student? -- [New]
  2. What is the eligibility criteria for M.Tech(CSE) in IIT for ST/SC student? Is 12th and B.Tech score required?
  3. Can I apply for any jobs that relates to animation if I am a CSE student? Do I need to study more after completion of the B.Tech courses?
  4. Am I eligible for IIT JEE after passing Metallurgy Diploma?
  5. How to become a software developer? I am a student of CSE diploma
  6. Can I apply for government job after pursuing B.Tech in CSE?
  7. Benefits of doing M.Tech after B.Tech? Syllabus of GATE(CSE)? Should I do M.Tech after B.Tech? Study material for the exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Detailed eligibility to study BCA at Madras University, Chennai for Diploma holder in CSE?
  9. How to apply for Summer Internship Training in IIT-Delhi for B.Tech CSE 6th semester student?
  10. Study Abroad for a candidate who has backlogs in Diploma in CSE?
  11. Can I give the entrance exam for IIT after completing diploma in CSE?
  12. Syllabus and the entrance exam date after doing diploma in CSE?
  13. What shall I do to study IIT being a Diploma student?
  14. Should I go for M.Tech after doing B.Tech CSE? Benefits of doing M.Tech? Syllabus of GATE exam?
  15. Eligibility to get admission in B.Tech(Marine Engineering) for Diploma student?
  16. Eligibility criteria for diploma Automobile Engineering students for IIT JEE? Which are the courses offered?
  17. What are the government jobs available after completing B.Tech CSE?
  18. Diploma or IIT which is better for 12th passed candidate who have secured 85% marks?
6th January 2015, 08:42 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study B.Tech in IIT for Diploma in CSE student?

No, you cannot study B.Tech course in IIT after completion of your three years Diploma course because IIT'S does not offer lateral entry admissions in B.Tech course. Only candidates who have completed 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board are eligible to pursue B.Tech course in IIT. Since, you are a Diploma holder, you cannot get admission in B.Tech course in IIT. But, you can study B.Tech course in other top institutions by appearing in Lateral Entry Entrance Test (LEET). By qualifying LEET examination, you can get direct admission in second year of four years B.Tech course.
6th January 2015, 10:06 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study B.Tech in IIT for Diploma in CSE student?

IITs don't offer admission to Diploma holder because there is no separate procedure for lateral entry admission in IITs. Only 10+2 passed candidates can get admission through JEE Mains and Advanced exam in the first year of B.Tech course.

You being a Diploma holder can apply for lateral entry admission which will allow you to get admission directly in 2nd year of B.Tech course. IITs don't have lateral entry admission process and you can't get admission in IIT for your B.Tech course.

There are some Universities in India which offer lateral entry admission into B.Tech course through entrance exam which is known as LEET. You can apply for it to get admission in a B.Tech course from college which accept LEET.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?