7th September 2016, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

How to do B.Tech after ITI?

Hello, this is Rajan Tiwari from Shahdol, Madhya Pradesh. I want to do B.Tech but I completed only ITI. Someone told me that ITI is equal to B.Tech. So, how should I do that course and what is the duration of that course. Please send me full details on my mail id.
My email id [email protected],
thank you.

7th September 2016, 05:52 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do B.Tech after ITI?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, this is Rajan Tiwari from Shahdol, Madhya Pradesh. I want to do B.Tech but I completed only ITI. Someone told me that ITI is equal to B.Tech. So, how should I do that course and what is the duration of that course. Please send me full details on my mail id.
My email id [email protected],
thank you.

The aspirant should study Diploma course after ITI through lateral entry mode. The ITI holders will be admitted directly to the second year of the Diploma course. For this you have to appear for an entrance examination. After the completion of diploma you can join B.Tech course (lateral entry). The diploma holders should clear the lateral entry entrance test conducted by the state board of technical education. Based on the marks scored in the diploma and entrance test, the candidate will be admitted to the B.Tech course. So you have to study first diploma (2 years) and then B.Tech (3 years) after ITI.
The other option is to study 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics after ITI. After 10+2 you have to apply to the B.Tech course. The admission to the course will be done on the basis of common entrance test. These are the two options available for the ITI holder to study B.Tech.
7th September 2016, 07:41 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can't do B.Tech after ITI because it is not equivalent to class 12th qualification. You can only opt for diploma in engineering, through lateral entry exam.

After completion of diploma in engineering course, you can go for B.Tech admission through entrance exam.
7th September 2016, 08:29 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To do B.Tech course after ITI, you have to pursue Diploma in Engineering course after completion of your ITI course. Being a ITI holder, you are eligible to get direct admission in second year of Diploma in Engineering course. After completion of Diploma course, you can get direct admission in second year of four years Engineering course through Lateral Entry admission process. So, you need to pursue Diploma course after completion of ITI course, so, that you are eligible to do B.Tech course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?