1st December 2016, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

How to do Ph.D in English after completion of diploma?

Hello Sir, I am studying in second year diploma I want to know that how can I do PhD in English after my diploma and how many years will it take to complete? Can you please share your experience on the same which would help me to proceed further? Thank you!

Related Questions:
1st December 2016, 05:03 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to do Ph.D in English after completion of diploma?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, I am studying in second year diploma I want to know that how can I do PhD in English after my diploma and how many years will it take to complete? Can you please share your experience on the same which would help me to proceed further? Thank you!

Sorry, it is not possible to do PhD in English after the completion of Diploma course. To pursue PhD in English, candidates must have secured a Master’s Degree in English with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university. The candidates will be admitted to the PhD program through an entrance test and interview. So the aspirant should first study BA English and then MA English to do PhD in English. One cannot pursue PhD in English with diploma course. The PhD in English is available in various institutions in India.
1st December 2016, 05:23 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot pursue Ph.D course at this instant after the completion of Diploma course.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in relevant field from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for Ph.D courses.
You must complete your Masters degree in order to do Ph.D course.
1st December 2016, 06:54 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, to say that you are not eligible to do Ph.D in English after completion of your three years Diploma course from a recognised institute. To be eligible to pursue Ph.D course, you should have to pursue Bachelor's and Master's degree course after completion of your Diploma course. So, being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to do Ph.D course in English without pursuing Bachelor's and Master's degree course.
1st December 2016, 07:09 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

PhD in English cannot be directly done after diploma because minimum qualification required to pursue PhD is Masters Degree any discipline from a recognised University with at least 50% marks and 5% relaxation is given to the candidates of reserved categories.
There is no upper age limit.
To pursue PHD you have to complete graduation and then Masters Degree then you will be eligible to pursue PhD otherwise after diploma you are not eligible.
1st December 2016, 08:16 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can't pursue Ph.D on the basis of a diploma qualification. You need at least a degree minimum to become eligible for such programs. In fact, most of the universities ask for a post graduate degree with at least 55% marks for becoming eligible for entrance exam.

Hence, at the moment you are not eligible for Ph.D admission in India. Just make sure that you complete post graduation before applying for any Ph.D entrance exam.
1st December 2016, 08:40 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Diploma candidates are not eligible for Ph.D course.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There are no age criteria.

After completion diploma course, you can do graduation degree and masters degree to get admission for Ph.D course.
1st December 2016, 11:31 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot get admission in PhD course after completion of your Diploma course, you will have to have a minimum qualification of Masters degree from a recognized university and then you can apply for the PhD course mentioned above.

You will however have to appear for an entrance test conducted by the respective state or by the respective Institute you wish to get admission in and after clearing the examination, you will be most eligible to get admission in the course mentioned above.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?