4th November 2017, 11:38 PM
Unregistered

An ITI Fitter can pursue Diploma in Civil Engineering through lateral entry?

I am ITI Fitter holder and now I want to pursue Diploma in Civil Engineering through lateral entry in 2nd year. Please tell me am I eligible for the same?

10th November 2017, 12:31 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: An ITI Fitter can pursue Diploma in Civil Engineering through lateral entry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am ITI Fitter holder and now I want to pursue Diploma in Civil Engineering through lateral entry in 2nd year. Please tell me am I eligible for the same?

Yes, an ITI Fitter can pursue a Diploma in Civil Engineering through lateral entry. Polytechnic lateral entry admission is offered to students who have passed 10+2 or 2 years ITI course. Students are admitted directly to the second year of the diploma course through lateral entry. Candidates are admitted to the course based on merit. In some states, there is an entrance examination for the admission to the lateral entry. Some of the polytechnic colleges offering lateral entry diploma are given below;

Career Point University - Official Website

Murugappa Polytechnic College - Official Website

Lovely Professional University - Official Website

10th November 2017, 01:23 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: An ITI Fitter can pursue Diploma in Civil Engineering through lateral entry?

ITI fitter trade is not for civil engineering lateral entry admission. You need to have ITI in civil draughtsman to become eligible for lateral entry in diploma in civil engineering.

You can apply for lateral entry in the suitable diploma course according to your ITI qualification. Just make sure you perform well in the entrance exam.

10th November 2017, 10:45 PM
ashfaquekhan316

No, I am sorry to say that there is no way to get lateral entry in Diploma course, you will have to get admission in the Diploma course from the very beginning of the course after fulfilling the minimum eligibility criteria as asked by the institution.

Entrance tests are conducted by the respective state and after clearing the exam, you can get admission in the course and continue with your studies further.

You should have completed a minimum of 10th standard in order to be eligible to get admission in Diploma course.

9th November 2019, 08:13 AM
Unregistered

Government job fitter2 grade eligibilitt for diploma civil engineer say s r no

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?