1st April 2014, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

Lateral entry from one Diploma stream to another?

sir i have complete dhploma in IT engineering now i want to take admission in diploma in civil engineering can i get admission in 2nd year in polytechnic collage.

4th April 2014, 10:33 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Lateral entry from one Diploma stream to another?

I am extremely sorry to state this type of switching from one branch to the other is not allowed in the Lateral Entry Scheme. You can only get admission in the second year of engineering directly after completion of diploma course via Lateral Entry Scheme only in the subject in which you have completed your diploma course of engineering.

The main reason of this lateral entry scheme is the diploma students have acquired fundamental knowledge about the branch of engineering in which they are pursuing course. Thus , they can go for the advanced courses from the second year of engineering directly and one year will be saved from their career.

Since you cannot switch from IT to civil like this via Lateral Entry Scheme,so it is better you give the normal entrance exam and start your engineering career right from the first year of engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?