12th March 2012, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

For which posts can I apply in Railways? I have done MCA as well as diploma in IT

yesterday the forms for different RRB's(railway) have been opened i just want to know which posts can i apply for .i have done MCA as well as diploma in information technology .plz reply me as soon as possible

29th March 2012, 01:42 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: For which posts can I apply in Railways? I have done MCA as well as diploma in IT

According to your mentioned qualification you are eligible to apply for following
posts of RRBs.

Category No. 47
Name of Post: Junior Engineer (Signal)

Category No. 48
Name of Post: Junior Engineer (Telecommunication)

Category No. 49
Name of Post: Junior Engineer TMS (Telecom Maintenance Section)

Category No. 51
Name of Post: Junior Engineer (Design) S&T

Category No. 53
Name of Post: Junior Engineer (IT)

The last date to apply for the same, is 9th April 2012.
Refer the employment notice for details.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf employment_notice.pdf(272.9 KB, 239 views)
27th August 2012, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: For which posts can I apply in Railways? I have done MCA as well as diploma in IT

i have complete diploma in i.t. branch.how can i prepare syllabus for railway exam?
27th August 2012, 06:32 PM
yogesh8955347778

Junior Engineer (Signal)
Junior Engineer (Telecommunication)
Junior Engineer TMS (Telecom Maintenance Section)
Junior Engineer (Design) S&T
27th August 2012, 07:33 PM
incredibleshub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
yesterday the forms for different RRB's(railway) have been opened i just want to know which posts can i apply for .i have done MCA as well as diploma in information technology .plz reply me as soon as possible

Application Procedure to get into IT jobs in Railways

For IT related jobs in the Railway sector, Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) conducts an exam to select the eligible candidates. The exam is conducted zone wise. The exam notification will be available in all the leading newspapers, job portals and also in the official website of the department. The application form and also the fees structure will be mentioned in the official site.

Exam Pattern of RRB

The exam duration will be 2 hours. The number of questions for the exam will be 150. About 50% to 70% of the questions will be from technical section and the rest of the questions will be from sections like general knowledge, general mathematics and also reasoning. All the questions will have 4 options and the aspirants need to select the correct one among them. They will get 1 mark for each correct answer. For wrong answers, 1/3 marks will be deducted.

IT Job Profiles in Railways

There are several job profiles available for IT professionals in the Railway sector. The main services offered by these professionals in the department include:
  • Feasibility studies for computerization
  • Preparation of perspective plan for computerization
  • User training
  • Post-implementation support & application software maintenance
  • System study & analysis of information
  • Development & implementation of application software
  • MIS-design, development implementation
  • Selection of computer systems
  • Hardware sizing
  • Network Designing
  • ISO 9000 quality assurance for software development
  • Consultancy in site preparation
  • Installation & testing of hardware
The common job profiles available for IT professionals in the railway sector include:
  • Section Engineer
  • Junior Engineer
  • System Analyst
  • IT Officer
  • IT Executive
  • Technical Executive
  • Technical Assistant
  • Assistant Controller Officer
  • IT Assistant Manager
  • Project Manager
Remuneration for IT jobs in Railways

Normally the pay scale of employees in the technical section will be in the range of Rs.9300/- to Rs.34800/- per month. Apart from this they can enjoy a lot of other perks also. This includes various compensatory allowances, Transport allowances and also Deputation allowances. Along with that HRA and LTC is also offered. In service people will get free accommodation in railway quarters.
30th December 2013, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

i have done in degree B.S.C COMPUTERS,PRESENT I have done in m.ca. wha kind of posts i can apply in railway jobs
2nd January 2019, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

I'm completed MCA (2010) and I'm doing degree in chemistry background. May I know I'm eligible to RRB JE (IT) exam or not.
24th January 2019, 12:34 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir, Sir, I have completed my graduation degree in Commerce (B.COM) then After I have done MCA. SO For which post can I apply in RRB JE ????
And My Friend Completed Graduation in BCA the After He done MSc.IT . SO for which post can he apply in RRB JE ??? Reply as soon as possible

With Regards
27th January 2019, 11:16 AM
Unregistered

Respected Sir, Sir, I have completed my graduation degree in Commerce (B.COM) then After I have done MCA. SO For which post can I apply in RRB JE ????
And My Friend Completed Graduation in BCA the After He done MSc.IT . SO for which post can he apply in RRB JE ??? Reply as soon as possible

With Regards
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?