29th July 2015, 11:28 AM
Unregistered

It it possible for me to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course?

Sir/Mam,
If there is any chance to get admission through lateral entry after completing diploma in IIT? What is the eligibility criteria required for the same? Can someone please give me the information on the same as soon as possible to me?

Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible for me to get lateral entry in IIT after completion of diploma course in information technology?
  2. Procedure to take admission in IIT Delhi after completion of Diploma in Electrical engineering?
  3. How can I get admission in IIT Delhi after completing my diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  4. It it possible for me to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course? -- [New]
  5. Is it possible to join IIT after completion of 3 years diploma course from BTEUP?
  6. What is the procedure for appearing in IIT after completion of diploma in ETC?
  7. Am I eligible to get admission in IIT or NIT after completion of diploma in mechanical branch?
  8. Is there any possibility to get admission into IIT after doing diploma in mechanical
  9. Diploma holders are eligible for IIT-JEE exam?
  10. How to join NIT and IIT after completion of diploma coruse?
  11. Am I eligible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma in computer science engineering?
  12. Procedure to get admission in IIT Bombay after Diploma engineering? Score required in final semester?
  13. How to get admission in IIT after passing diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. What is the basic eligibility criteria required to join in IIT or NIT? Can I join after completion of diploma course in Mechanical branch?
  15. How to get admission in IIT, Delhi after completing Diploma course?
  16. Am I eligible for IIT JEE after completion of diploma with mechanical engineering
  17. What should I do for admission in IITs and NITs after Diploma?
  18. How to get admission in IIT after studying in diploma mechanical? -- [Most Discussed]
29th July 2015, 07:56 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: It it possible for me to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course?

Admission in IITs is based on IIT Mains and Advanced, therefore, you will not get lateral entry admission because it doesn't conduct exam for lateral entry admission.

Hence, at present there is no procedure for lateral entry admission in IITs and you have to look for other options being a diploma holder.
29th July 2015, 11:35 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: It it possible for me to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course?

No, it is not possible to get admission in IIT after completion of your three years Diploma course. To be eligible to get admission in IIT, you must have pursued 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board and those who have appeared, qualified and secured good rank in JEE Main and Advance examination are eligible to get admission in IIT. But, you can get admission to study B.Tech course through Lateral Entry process by appearing and qualifying LEET/ECET/JELET examinations.
30th July 2015, 05:03 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course. IIT doesn't give admission to candidates who have completed diploma without 12th class. Only candidate who have completed 12th class with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are eligible to apply for JEE Exams.
JEE Exams are entrance exams for admission in IIT.
30th July 2015, 08:03 PM
pointer01

Yes, you can take admission in IIT as being a Diploma Holder.

You must have 12th or equivalent course passed. Diploma is equivalent to class 12th.
You must have Physics, Chemistry and Maths as the main subjects in class 12th.
You must have obtained 50% marks in class 12th.

IIT colleges does not offers lateral entry.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?